Aircraft Ground Equipment Technician - Saudi (Non US Citizens)
The Aircraft Ground Equipment Technician incumbent will support the maintenance mission in the following areas: Inspect,
troubleshoot, maintain, repair, and adjust all common and peculiar aviation ground support equipment such as the turbine engine powered US Army Aviation Ground Power Unit (AGPU).
- Types of equipment will be electrical, hydraulic, mechanical and/or pneumatic. Check and adjust equipment visually and with instrumentation such as scopes, load banks, meters, and gages.
- Implement manufacturer's specifications, schematics, drawings, and publications to adjust, repair, and restore aviation ground support equipment to proper operable condition.
- Coordinate with air crews and maintenance personnel to determine the source of system malfunctions while using aviation ground support equipment. Perform other maintenance duties such as repair of light equipment, forklifts, vehicles (tugs), or other support when directed or as required.
- Assist in shop safety, as well as safety in the hangar and on the flight line.
- Maintain, clean, preserve, and account for assigned tools and equipment. Works under the general supervision of the designated functional manager.
- Perform other duties as directed by the functional manager.
- Possess a High School diploma or equivalent. Completion of Vocational school is preferred.
- Two (2) years of aviation ground support equipment maintenance experience, including turbine engine powered units, Required.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, and modify any/all aviation ground support equipment, auxiliary equipment, vehicles, an small utility engines.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles, machines and other mechanical equipment in the performance of assigned duties.
- Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English.
- Ability to understand, speak, read, and write Arabic is desired.