Installation and Repair Technician
- Connecting, disconnecting, testing, repairing, maintaining equipment, inside wiring and wires at poles, underground or building terminals.
- Operating and maintaining trucks and equipment needed to perform work operations in a safe manner.
- Installing, repairing, maintaining, and testing access lines for all types of equipment and technology.
- Performing construction work using designated equipment for digging holes, placing poles, laying cable/conduit in the ground and unreeling, pulling and stringing wire/cable on poles.
- Reading and interpreting engineering plans and vendor specifications.
- Climbing ladders and poles, working aloft, perceiving differences in wire and cable colors, and moving/lifting items generally not exceeding 100 lbs.
- Working evenings, weekends, holidays and unscheduled shifts as determined by the needs of the business.
What we're looking for...
You know telecommunications technology and are anxious to put your knowledge and skills to work on Verizon's network. You like to be busy and well-organized to stay on top of things. You know that the whole team needs to work together to win-and you take pride in a job well done.
You'll need to have:
- Valid state driver's license with a satisfactory driving record.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Related Associate Degree or 2 or more years of relevant work experience.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Field Operations Assessment, Verizon Job Fit Test B
Where you'll be working
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.