Data Center Electrical Engineer with TS/SCI and Poly ( R-00063826 )
Leidos is seeking an experienced Journeyman Electrician to perform various engineering and technical activities in the support of facilities electrical engineering development and maintenance.
- Electrical systems engineering, technical planning and execution of project tasks for the operations, sustainment, and enhancement of an operational system. Project tasks may span a spectrum of technical areas including information technology, networks and communications, electrical/power systems, physical security systems, and environmental control systems.
- Engineer that can inspect, maintain, operate, and repair Electrical systems and associated equipment, electrical distribution equipment, building interior/exterior engineering requirements, and related electrical engineering task as it pertains to assigned building(s).
- Reviews historical engineering and maintenance records to develop proactive inspection and testing schedule.
- Performs assigned engineering task, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes engineering and repair records as required.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations to test troubleshoot and diagnose complex electrical engineering solutions.
- Validate and oversee testing and commissioning Electrical systems and ensure that O&M manuals and documents are completed.
- Ensure all engineering solutions and installations/repairs are in compliance with local codes/regulations.
- Perform Quality Assurance monitoring of others performing Electrical work and prepare reports.
- Under limited supervision, performs skilled electrical engineering support for all Datacenter systems.
- Must be self-motivated and work independently and as a team.
- Must have prior experience in supporting the electrical engineering infrastructure of a data center
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/technical discipline and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience supporting critical power infrastructure directly related to data centers
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs.; occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing more than 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Must be able to climb and balance (stairs, ladders, scaffolds, etc.)
- Specific vision abilities required – close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust/focus
- Experience operating and maintaining facilities power systems
- Familiarity with operations and sustainment processes and methodologies
- Expected to conduct periodic travel to a remote (OCONUS) site at least once per year for 2 weeks to perform preventative maintenance on infrastructure and other system equipment and to perform system enhancements.
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI clearance with a polygraph.
- Must be a US citizen
- Active Journeyman or Master Electrician license is required
- Engineering experience with the following is required:
- Site utility feeds (multiple/redundant)
- Auto transfer switches (ATS)
- Large Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS)
- Large Power Distribution Units (PDU)
- Remote Power Panel (RPP) units
- Electrical panels
- Wiring install/removal
- Breaker install/removal
- Various testing tools and methodologies