Network Administration and Operations Engineer ( R-00050391 )
Leidos is actively hiring for a Network Administration and Operations Engineer to join our team in Virginia Beach, VA.
This candidate will be responsible for overall network engineering support including planning, designing, on-site maintenance and operational support, and evaluating the components of the Theater Mission Planning Center (TMPC) Network and LAN configurations.
Duties may include providing specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments.
- This position will be responsible for supporting daily on-site Government personnel and current DOD operations with all aspects of Information System (IS) security of the ISSE Guard and the TMPC Network.
- Maintain knowledge of enhanced tactical capabilities and provide support to the TMPC lifecycle development.
- Conduct periodic testing to evaluate the security posture for the site and assist in the maintenance and upgrade of system accreditation/certification documentation.
- Perform any necessary maintenance changes to TMPC LAN, switch configurations, and ensure that all such changes are reflected in the baseline configuration.
- Implement modifications to the baseline and assist in upgrades to the TMPC ISSE Guard system.
- Develop solutions to technical problems that require in-depth technical knowledge and explain those technical solutions, practices and procedures to others within the organization.
- Work directly with other Government agencies, AFRL and their contractor representatives, communicating with colleagues across multiple areas and explain technical solutions, practices, and procedures.
- Develops, updates, and improves security documentation, maintain security activities schedules, and conduct weekly/monthly reporting of the LAN configuration and loading.
- Perform Information Assurance and Certification of critical information systems.
- Advise the customer during periodic policy reviews to maintain compliance with applicable security requirements and regulations.
The successful candidate will be a member of an onsite Government team, be expected to work independently, and in accordance with published schedules.
- BS degree and 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience administering Windows-based domains, servers, and workstations in a small, complex network environment.
- Familiarity with Event Viewer, VMWare, Active Directory, Group Policy, HBSS, and/or LINUX System Administration. Security+, CISSP, or equivalent certification.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience on Cross-Domain solutions and applying DoD security policies, procedures, rules, and regulations for secure areas.