Software and Signal Processing Engineer ( R-00058484 )
The Ann Arbor Michigan location of the Leidos Innovation Center is looking for a software and signal processing engineer to join our highly effective team and start performing on programs immediately. This is an opportunity to use your experience and expertise to conduct applied research, development and transition solutions to our customers’ difficult problems across the signal and image processing domains. Your work can help change image and signal data into actionable information.
This is the fun you will have with us:
- Support and conduct research, design, and development in the areas of signal processing, sensor exploitation, automatic target recognition, and signature modeling.
- Address our customers’ challenging mission requirements by researching and developing new capabilities as well as making improvements to existing systems.
- Quickly develop an understanding of legacy efforts and engineer improvements to meet new requirements.
If you want to be successful in this job you will need these skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering with at least 4 years’ experience with radar signal, Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), and/or image processing analysis and concepts.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Competence programming in the C/C++ environment.
- Familiarity with MATLAB and associated signal processing toolkits is expected.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to effectively interface with and brief technical solutions to customers and large groups.
You will wow us if you have these skills:
- Experience using optimized libraries
- Computer vision experience
- Experience with automatic target recognition technologies and concepts
- Experience processing radar data
- Experience simulating radar signature data
- Experience with machine learning techniques applied to sensor data exploitation
- Experience with multi-sensor data fusion
- Experience in developing software in Linux environments
- Familiarity with CUDA is a plus
- Experience developing software in Python, Java, and Perl
- Experience with multi-threaded programming