Distribution Planning and Analysis Engineer ( R-00060727-OTHLOC-PL-2D1196 )
Distribution Planning and Analysis Engineer Lead – Location (Flexible)
Leidos Engineering is seeking a Lead Distribution Planning and Analysis Engineer to join our distribution planning team. It is expected that this role will involve the execution of studies in distribution planning, distributed energy resource (DER) interconnection impact, arc flash and coordination. Studies are conducted for investor owned utilities, municipal utilities, and electric system cooperatives. The position will involve client facing work and include occasional business development activities. The position may be suitable for an experienced distribution engineer transitioning to distribution planning activities. The growth potential of this position is significant for the right candidate.
The preferred candidate would possess solid distribution analysis and distribution design experience, including significant DER interconnection impact study experience. Experience performing Python scripting, and arc flash assessments will be considered.
• Requires Bachelors in Electrical Engineering and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience, or Masters with 4 – 6 years of prior relevant experience, either with an electric utility or with an electric utility consulting company.
• Must have client management experience.
• Must have experience functioning in a technical role in distribution studies and QAQC of client deliverables.
• Experience with a distribution system load flow software package is required (DNV Synergi, Milsoft’s WindMil, or Cyme’s Cymdist).
• Experience with ETAP, EasyPower, Siemens PTI’s PSS/E, GE Concordia’s PSLF, EMTP, ASPEN OneLiner, Siemen’s CAPE, or PSCAD is a plus.
• Familiarity with Python scripting to develop automation within power system analysis tools is a plus.
• Experience with microgrid analysis and design tools such as DER-CAM, HOMER, DIG-SILENT, MATLAB and PSCAD is a plus.
• Experience with developing GIS based construction work packages and GIS data improvement initiatives is a plus.
• Experience with distribution design is preferred (overhead and underground system projects such as reconductoring, voltage conversion, distribution automation, asset replacement and new business).
• Must possess strong written, interpersonal and presentation communication skills.
• Must be a team player and provide leadership to other team members.
• Must be able to work collaboratively with many different people with diverse backgrounds and geographic locations.
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must have a Professional Engineer (PE) license