Transmission and Distribution Engineer - Electric Utility ( R-00062219 )
Transmission & Distribution (T&D) Engineer – Honolulu, HI
Leidos Engineering is seeking a Transmission & Distribution Engineer who will support the planning and implementation of T&D projects with our Power Delivery Services division at our Honolulu HI office.
Our Power Delivery Services division provides engineering consulting services to publicly- and investor-owned electric utilities offering comprehensive planning and engineering of electric transmission and distribution, and substation projects nationwide.
• Act as engineer on electric transmission, sub-transmission and distribution design projects for overhead and underground systems operating from 12kV through 138kV.
• Apply applicable industry codes and standards in the engineering and design of Electrical T&D systems, voltage conversion projects, underground conversion projects, new capacity projects and infrastructure replacement projects.
• Perform Engineering analyses, prepare material procurement and construction documents, and work with project planning, environmental, permitting, and construction management.
• Manage and/or execute various sized transmission, sub-transmission and distribution projects located in the State of Hawaii
• Supervise engineers and designers responsible for preparation of construction packages
• Mentor engineers and designers for technical and career development
• Encourage an inclusive and collaborative work environment
• Perform quality control of engineering work products and construction packages
• Support engineers and designers in the development of design solutions for complex and/or non-standard installations
• Work closely and collaboratively with client engineering and management in the prosecution of job responsibilities and project execution
• Be a trusted advisor to clients seeking input on various technical matters
• Support business development and sales responsibilities of Account Manager
General Scope of Assignments:
• Perform design of overhead and underground transmission, sub-transmission and distribution system improvements in accordance with industry best management practice, and client standards, procedures, and policies, including but not limited to replacements, relocations, maintenance, services, system upgrades and expansions.
• Conduct field inspections to review the physical condition of transmission, sub-transmission and distribution systems and make engineering recommendations for the replacement and/or enhancement of facilities.
• Work collaboratively with client engineering, operations and other departments to ensure work products and services meet expectations and commitments.
• Prepare project cost estimates considering design, materials and construction, as well as outside resources.
• Prepare project schedules.
• Prepare design progress submittals and construction drawings for issue to client crews and/or third party contractors.
• Support client crews and/or third party contractors during construction by promptly responding to RFI.
• Bachelor Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited program
• Minimum 4-8+ years of prior relevant technical and supervisory experience, a Master’s degree with 2-6+ years of experience will also be considered
• Previous consulting experience preferred
• Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Hawaii or reciprocity from another State preferred
• Knowledge of and ability to apply industry codes and standards, including but not limited to NESC, GO6 and NEC
• Experience with T&D design tools, such as PLS-CADD and O-Calc
• Knowledge of overhead and underground T&D construction methods
• Familiarity with T&D system equipment
• Strong writing, verbal and listening communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record; travel required as needed for projects
• Ability to stand for long periods, walk (and hike) on uneven ground, climb ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift up to 50 pounds.
PDSPMOExternal Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:5000Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:NoneTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Electrical EngineeringPay Range: