Distinguished Software Engineer - Internet Of Things and Edge Computing ( 581300-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Distinguished Member Technical Staff, you will be working on the design, development and testing of next generation software for Internet of Things (IoT) products and Multi-edge Edge Computing (MEC)
- Lead the architecture and technical implementation of large scalable IoT systems.
- Work with product development interfaces like Product management, Systems Engineering, Program management, various development teams, Devops etc.
- Take up end to end responsibility for big productenhancements and features that are planned.
- Collaborate and translate requirements from productmanagement into engineering tasks.
- Be responsible for interfacing with the management for planning and providing regular status updates.
- Participate in the technical evaluation of platforms and technologies, tools, architecture and design, performance analysis as well as vendor selection.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of work experience in Product Development.
- Extensive experience working in cloud-based software development.
- Experience in programming languages Go and Java.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering fields.
- Ability to translate product requirements into development goals and work breakdown.
- Demonstrated good written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of distributed Cloud Native Microservices principles and best practices.
- Hands-on development experience with AWS cloud.
- Experience in CI/CD process.
- Experience in various database technologies like Cassandra, Couchbase, MongoDB, PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- In-depth knowledge in Cassandra.
- Know-how of one or more search engine technologies like ElasticSearch or Solr.
- Experience with networking protocols or standard IoT protocols.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).