Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps Engineer ( 581072-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be a key member of HQ planning team, working on the Planning, Design and Development of the VCP WebScale Platform, an Internal Cloud (NFVi) platform used to host Containerized Network Functions (CNFs). You will serve as the primary developer for the VCP WebScale platform in the Planning team. You will have the opportunities to evolve the deployment automation pipeline, as well as work on new technologies. You will be working at the forefront of technology driving the transformation of Verizon’s Infrastructure to a modern Cloud Infrastructure leveraging Software-based automation while providing Robust Visibility, Error Detection and Auto-Recovery, with Verizon-Scale to support all services offered by Verizon, and being cost-efficient.
- You will work with Network Planning, Network Operations, Maintenance Engineering and IT teams to ensure the resulting platform and the NFV applications running on it can be effectively automated and orchestrated to increase Verizon’s agility and speed of deployment.
- Your role will involve development and implementation, ensuring platform projects deliver on-time and on-budget.
- As a subject matter expert, you’ll build strong cross functional relationships and work to ensure all projects are aligned with business objectives.
- Develop and validate the designs (delivered as Code) to Build and Run teams.
- Leverage Operations Automation thinking to develop design output for automated deployment.
- Own the development roadmap for VCP WebScale.
- Work with the team to develop a collaborative process for project handoff to ensure on time implementation.
In this hybrid role, you will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Software Development Lifecycle or CI/CD Best Practices.
- Experience in Git, Jira or Agile Sprint based Software development.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Telecommunications, Networking, IT systems, Virtualization, Cloud Technologies.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
Even better if you have:
- A degree or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and/or Telecommunications or any other related field.
- Linux experience including System Architecture knowledge.
- Experience with Distributed Systems Theory and Practical Real-world Experience.
- Experience in managing remote off-site development teams.
- Systems Design experience, including experience in building large real-world systems.
- RESTful APIs, Service Proxy/Mesh and Container Networking.
- Experience managing large cross-functional or enterprise-wide projects.
- Project management experience with strong leadership skills and the ability to drive teams to consensus.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and adept at performing independent system analysis, design and plan implementation.
- An experienced leader who is adept at negotiating and communicating with leaders and executives at all levels of the organization and pays attention to details and quality objectives.
- People know you for your ability to analyze issues and solve complex problems with innovative solutions. This helps you to work well with partners from non-technical functions and build strong cross-functional relationships.
- Experience working in Open Source forums, with proven ability to influence requirements & direction.
- Programming experience with the ability to work in Agile/Scrum driven culture.
- Thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, you manage competing priorities with ease, and never lose your laser-sharp focus on meeting tight deadlines.
- Keep customer requirements as a key in design in conjunction with architecture evolution.
- Self-starter with ability to complete project with minimal guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).