Database Engineer and Scientist ( R-00069292 )
Are you interested in being part of a world class team that is supporting one of the world’s largest integrated transportation, logistics and supply chain systems? Interested in a position that will encourage and promote future growth opportunity? If this excites you, Leidos has just the role for you!
Leidos has been asked to provide key talent in support of a critical Senior IT Database Engineer and Scientist role on the IGC II program. As the Database Engineer and Scientist, you’ll be working with IGC which is USTRANSCOM’s System of Record for In-Transit Visibility (ITV) and Asset Visibility (AV). You will work hands on with the IGC Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) which is a data repository of integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain data that provides end-to-end visibility from requisition to delivery in theatre. You will support the design, development, implementation and automation of enterprise level solutions for our Combatant Commands, Services, DoD customers, and other federal agencies. Domain knowledge and ability to work cross functionally is critical to success in this role.
Location: Work will be performed at Scott AFB, IL. Some local telework will be allowed (must be able to reasonably commute to the office as needed).
Clearance: You must hold active DoD Secret clearance to qualify. U.S. Citizenship is required.
What will you do as the IGC Senior IT Data Engineer and Scientist?
• Write, execute, and manage complex SQL data queries across the USTRANSCOM enterprise system
• Evaluate and analyze bi-directional data flows to provide expert opinion to development and functional teams
• Perform requirements analysis, systems design, integration, testing, and support documentation as part of lifecycle milestones.
• Deep understanding of business rules and significant experience troubleshooting data related issues (I moved this from the bottom and updated statement)
• Collaborate as part of a cross-functional Agile team to create and enhance data pipelines and address data challenges
• Provide USTRANSCOM/DOD transportation domain/functional expertise and support.
• Utilize and prioritize system defects in support of all sustainment releases.
• Provide expertise knowledge on the functionality, content and look and feel of IGC website and reports, and web services.
• Utilize knowledge of logistics systems to provided expertise to Sustainment Releases and IGC as a whole.
• Work directly with the government functional team to determine the priority and severity of each defect in the sustainment backlog.
• Provide assistance in the development of ROM’s, BOE’s and schedules in support of various analysis tasks.
• Provide functional and testing support for all releases.
• Update/Maintain Source-To-Target-Mappings (STTM) and business rules in support of all releases.
• Analyze and troubleshoot Level I/II help desk tickets.
• Conduct Sustainment Review Board (SuRB) for PMO, to review/prioritize all new issues.
The qualifications required for this role include:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 6+ years of prior relevant experience, or
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 8+ years of prior relevant experience, or
• Associate’s degree in related field with 12+ years of prior relevant experience
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
• Current Security+ CE Certification
Proficiency with the Following:
• Ability to write and execute SQL queries
• Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
• Deep understanding of technical system processes
• Providing technical, hands-on support and analysis across several systems of record
• Microsoft tools (Access, Excel, Word)
• Logistical Functional Knowledge (USTRANSCOM/DOD Preferred)
The qualifications that are highly preferred, but not required for this role include:
• Knowledge of Oracle, Teradata, JIRA, Web Services (SOAP)
• Experience with multiple scripting / programming languages
• Knowledge of any of the current IGC interfaces (GATES,GDSS,CMOS,DAAS,JOPES,EDI)
• Knowledge of Requisitions/Inventory/Transportation systems
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle (waterfall, agile)
• Understanding of SharePoint
IGC3Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00