Senior 5G Slicing and Orchestration Engineer ( 582716-1F )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be a part of the Global Network & Technology organization focusing on the strategic technology evolution across our organization specifically Management and Orchestration. As part of this team you will work on the overall architecture and design for Cloud Orchestration including WebScale Containerized Network Functions and VNFs, standards alignment with ETSI and 3GPP Management & Orchestration functions, Verizon Cloud Platform evolution, Automation and SDN transformation impacting positive change in the way that our customers live, work, and play.
- Working with various planning, engineering and operations teams, partners, standards and SMEs to construct a comprehensive design for Hybrid Cloud Resource and Network Orchestration.
- Judiciously using ETSI, 3GPP, O-RAN and other standards for the above, and recommend changes to the same if needed.
- Working closely with various teams in designing automation solutions for Life Cycle Management, close loop service assurance, provisioning and activation, etc. in response to overall changes in the network brought in by Virtualization.
- Working with world-class engineers involved in planning and orchestration of virtualized network functions, software defined networks, OpenStack, Kubernetes and ONAP to ensure emergence of a coherent architectural framework.
- Planning and executing proof of concepts (in the lab) for niche and emerging technologies.
- Providing technical guidance to cross-functional teams in crafting solutions, and describing the impact of the new solution to systems and processes.
In this hybrid role, you will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with telco network and software technology.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or any other related field.
- Design and Development experience in some of the following areas: OSI, Cloud Architecture, OpenStack, Kubernetes, ETSI, ONAP, 3GPP (5G), and O-RAN standards.
- Networking services consisting of Virtual and Physical Network Functions.
- Experience onboarding VNFs and Containerized VNFs on to NFV Orchestrators.
- Knowledge of wireless network – 5GC, LTE, IMS, MPN, RAN, Radio.
- Knowledge of wireline/wireless NOC environments.
- Knowledge of switching fabric, spine leaf architecture.
- Knowledge of OpenStack based Cloud Platforms and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Virtualization and SDN technologies.
- Familiarity with Virtualization technologies.
- Networking knowledge spanning Intra DC, Inter DC and transport.
- Practical operational knowledge of Wireless and Core Networks.
- Practical knowledge of cloud-native application architecture.
- Demonstrated analytical, written and verbal communications skills with ability to work in a team environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).