Software and Signal Processing Engineer ( R-00070807 )
Leidos is seeking a software and signal processing engineer in Ann Arbor, MI. We are leaders in the exploitation of airborne and satellite imagery for automated target detection and classification. We are looking for someone to join our technical team who can immediately start supporting our existing research programs. This is an opportunity to use your signal/image processing and software expertise to conduct applied research, software development, and transition new and innovative solutions to address difficult surveillance problems in the defense and intelligence communities. The opportunity awaits for you to transform advanced image and signal data into actionable information.
- These are some of the interesting things you will be doing:
- Working with small technical teams on the research, design, and development in the areas of signal processing, sensor exploitation, automatic target recognition, and signature modeling.
- Collaborating with our customers to address challenging surveillance mission requirements by researching and developing new capabilities as well as making improvements to existing systems.
- Quickly developing an understanding of legacy efforts and then engineering improvements to meet new program requirements.
- To be successful in this job you will need these skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering with at least 4 years’ experience with radar signal processing, Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), and/or image processing analysis and concepts.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Competence programming in the C/C++ environment.
- Familiarity with MATLAB and associated signal processing toolkits is expected.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to effectively interface with and brief your ideas and technical solutions to coworkers, teammates, and customers.
- You will really impress us if you have these skills and/or interests:
- Experience using optimized libraries
- Computer vision experience
- Experience with automatic target recognition technologies and concepts
- Experience processing radar/SAR image data
- Experience simulating radar signature data
- Experience with machine learning techniques applied to sensor data exploitation
- Experience with multi-sensor data fusion
- Experience in developing software in Linux environments
- Familiarity with CUDA is a plus
- Experience developing software in Python, Java, and Perl
- Experience with multi-threaded programming