Sr Identity and Access Management Engineer ( 586714-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Corporate Information Security (CIS) organization securely enables the business by protecting assets and information across Verizon networks, infrastructure and applications. CIS integrates cybersecurity governance, policies, technologies and operations across Verizon, and works to incorporate security into the design of technology systems and services. Verizon's Identity and Access Management Team focuses on providing Enterprise level solutions for User Authentication and Access Management.
As a Sr. Security Engineer, you will use your knowledge of Identity and Access Management to provide and support enterprise level solutions for protecting and managing access to the corporation's sensitive data. This role will be part of a fast-paced team that is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining our I&AM capabilities which provide an effective security framework, and allow the company to move rapidly, yet securely, toward achieving business goals. You will work independently, under moderate supervision in response to general work direction.
- Developing, implementing and successfully operationalizing Enterprise IAM Tools.
- Participating in design, code, and test inspections throughout the product life cycle to contribute technical expertise and to identify issues.
- Resolving technical issues in the IAM Platform through problem tracking, diagnosis and root-cause analysis, replication, troubleshooting, and resolution for moderately complex issues.
- Providing L3/L4 technical support to the operations team as required.
- Demonstrating leadership to complete strategic projects independently with little supervision.
- Coordinating operational tasks with peers and other partners.
- Preparing status reports for leadership team.
- Prioritizing tasks based on understanding of multiple competing factors.
Where you'll be working..
In this remote role, you'll work from home with occasional in-person trainings and meetings.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of IAM concepts such as identity management, provisioning, authentication, authorization, certification/governance, monitoring, role mining.
- Experience in security best practices.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience with LDAP/Directory Services technologies.
- Experience with the delivery and support of single sign on, SAML, OAuth and OpenID Connect.
- Working experience with Rest Web services, SSO/Federation architectures and other authentication/authorization protocols.
- Exposure to open standards development including XML, XSLT, SOAP, REST, AJAX, and Java/J2EE preferred.
- Able to solve common design and development problems.
- Able to apply critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in cloud Identity Management.
- CISSP, SANS, and other security related certifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).