Principal Engineer - .Net and Cloud ( 588315-1G )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Optix Application & Operations Technology team enables the FiOS Sales to drive revenue growth, service efficiencies, and unlock new customer experiences across channels such as Call center, door to door. This group does this by creating and collaborating deeply with GTS FiOS Business group, Customer Service, Digital and Product Marketing.
- Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities.
- Assist in maintenance and upgrades of existing software applications.
- Participate in design reviews and recommend improvements.
- Provide support in all phases of SDLC and ensure to deliver high-quality products.
- Provide training and mentor other Engineers when required.
- Analyze and troubleshoot application issues in a timely fashion.
- Develop the most effective technical solutions to meet business requirements.
- Work with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines.
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Attend team meetings to communicate project status and discuss new ideas and any issues.
- Recommend new technologies to ensure quality and productivity.
- Assist in technical audits and make sure to implement audit recommendations.
- Make business presentations to management when needed.
- Work with the QA team in preparing test cases, plans and procedures.
This role will be based out of one of the locations listedin the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Developing Web applications using .Net, MVC, .Net core Frameworks.
- Experience building responsive rich UIs using various frontend frameworks and libraries such as Jquery, Angular, React etc.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelors or Masters in Electronic or Computer engineering.
- Certifications in AWS or Azure cloud computing.
- Experience in understanding Secured code analysis tools: Fortify, Blackduck, ZAP (DAST).
- Experience in building the DevOps/CICD model.
- Experience with implementation of Agile methodologies' and usage of Scrum Tools: JIRA, Jenkins, GitLab etc.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Kibana and building dashboards on Grafana.
- Experience in Database languages such as SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Mongo.
- Experience with scripting languages: Ansible and Python.
- Experience with Python DJango, Node.JS and frameworks available.
- Experience in performance tuning web applications and understanding Chrome profiler logs.
- Experience in analyzing Memory dumps with Debug diagnostics.
- Experience in developing applications using Java and Java frameworks.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).