Principal Software Engineer - Node and Angular Software ( 586522-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial, highly motivated Principal Engineer - Software Development for developing Managed security solutions in the Technology and Product development organization. This portfolio includes SASE, Software Defined Perimeter, Network Detection and Response, the Managed Security Services platform/services, as well as the Atlas platform and any other new/additional platform product initiatives for the VBG Cyber security product domain spanning the 5 NIST cybersecurity pillars of identify, Protect, Detect, Respond and Recover. This role includes the development of new products and incremental features as well as overall lifecycle management of the existing products and services.
The role includes development of new products and incremental features as well as overall lifecycle management of the existing platforms, products and services. This role will require a strong entrepreneurial attitude who can ideate, collaborate, design, solution, and architect managed security products working with internally developed solutions and vendor solutions. You will work in an agile environment across stakeholder organizations - including Software development teams, Product Management, Product Engineering, Security Operations, Network design teams, back office systems, Customers, Sales and partners.
- Design and develop solutions to meet the business needs for security portfolio.
- Collaborate with Product Management on understanding and refinement of core features of the product.
- Work with internal organizations to analyze, design, develop, and test to ensure applications meet availability, performance, capacity, and security requirements and guidelines.
- Develop and design software automation to drive efficiencies and help us scale our infrastructure.
- Develop code using secure coding and secure architecture standards (integrate with static code scans, dynamic code scan, undergo vulnerability scans).
- Develop and design automated unit and functional testing around features, process and documentation.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of experience.
- Six or more years of work experience in designing and implementing enterprise software solutions.
- Strong experience of AngularJS, Typescript and Node.js, along with strong Web and backend development experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Strong experience in full-stack software engineering - design, detailed architecture, software development - client, back-end and infrastructure, testing and quality assurance.
- Experience with cloud based solutions including infrastructure, design, and continuous deployment and monitoring.
- Experience with containerized development and deployment tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with a wide range of AWS Services such as S3, RDS, DynamoDB, SQS, EC2, Lambda Functions, EMR, Athena.
- Experience managing the costs of cloud resources and finding ways to generate savings.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform.
- Experience with automation tools, continuous integration and delivery tools, scanning and quality assurance tools.
- Knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Knowledge of UNIX, Application architecture, web infrastructure, networks, databases and security concepts.
- Comfortable in coordinating across geographically diverse software development teams.
- Experience with Java, Spring, Struts, and Jackson.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).