Test and Learn Scrum Lead ( 566507-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Test & Learn Scrum Lead (Scrum Lead) is a critical member of the Agile Real Time Marketing, which is responsible for drivingsegment growth and achieving operational eﬃciencies by delivering relevant and timely content and experiences, orchestrated across all channels and devices, along the entire customer journey. The Scrum Lead has overall accountability for orchestrating the seamless operation of an agile scrum team - a pod. You will be directly responsible for the operational calendar and cadence of the pod, and among other things leads idea generation and backlog grooming ceremonies where ideas are reviewed and prioritized.
- Manages the pool of execution resources, primarily working with functional leads, but with direct access to all working team members.
- Prioritizes, manages the backlog of testing ideas, and identifies necessary resources.
- Works with the Scrum Lead - Scale & Campaign to prioritize the backlog for review with the Control Tower.
- Prioritizes tests, which are orchestrated with the Test Lead.
- Works closely with the Test Lead to execute sprints.
- Ensures deadlines and milestones are achieved to develop and launch tests.
- Organizes and leads scrum ceremonies including managing the daily standup, scope, timelines and deliverables that support business goals.
- Maintains the open action logs and follow through to completion.
- Ensures kick-offs are scheduled and that proper briefings are provided.
- Leads retrospectives to incorporate lessons learned and also communicates results to key stakeholders aligned with guidance from Finance and other functional leads.
- Leverages and contributes to best practices within the Agile Real Time Marketing program.
- Seeks connections with other scrum leads, and actively influences the Enablement pod.
- Channel a group of experts to execute quick-turnaround experiments designed to create real bottom-line impact.
- Delivering 4+ tests per month with a 50% success rate. This test velocity and success rate is the foundation for the Business that justifies the investment we are making in RTM.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience in marketing or digital operations.
- Experience with digital innovation tools (web analytics, personalization, media activation)
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s Degree or MBA.
- Experience in agile project management.
- Highly organized and thrives in a fast-paced, multi stakeholder environment and can manage multiple priorities.
- Critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in segment marketing.
- High level of business acumen.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to coach, motivate, mediate conflict and facilitate efforts across a cross-functional team focused on a common goal.
- Refined organizational skills - provide structure and planning to keep projects on track.
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.