Performance Assurance and Compliance Team Lead (36039)
Nuclear Waste Partnership, an LLC of Amentum, is seeking candidates for a rewarding career opportunity to support the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) and be part of the nation’s only repository for the disposal of nuclear waste known as Transuranic (TRU) waste. We seek a Performance Assurance and Compliance Team Lead in Carlsbad, NM.
The successful candidate will manage and direct the security performance assurance and compliance program, manage and maintain the security corrective action program, and function as a member of the security management team.
Routine duties include validating performance assurance and compliance to security-related orders, policies, and security plans for a Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear facility in compliance with applicable regulations. Validates programmatic and tactical performance based compliance (Force on Force and Limited Scope Exercises and Drills) to identify, assess, prevent, and respond to internal or external threats and emergencies. Validates the maintenance of security-related equipment and systems. Understand and embrace nuclear safety culture principles. Lead or participate in event investigations and critiques as assigned by the Security Manager, recommending or implementing corrective actions as needed. Initiate and implement field changes to operating procedures as needed in order to support real-time operations, and initiate, review, and validate revisions to procedures. Act as a member of the Emergency Response Organization, to include being on-call. Responsible for managing and implementing the Security Department Corrective Action Program. This position reports to the Security Manager or Deputy Security Manager and will have 1-2 team members in a matrixed environment. Other duties as directed by the Security Manager.
NWP Exempt Salary Grade (30 – 33)
- Bachelor’s degree with two (2) years of relevant experience, or
- Associate’s degree with six (6) years of relevant experience, or
- High School diploma or GED plus ten (10) years of experience is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DOE “Q” clearance.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective oral, analytical, written, and communications skills.
- Must have practical experience and be proficient in software applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and MS Outlook.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be US Citizens.
- Three (3) years of nuclear experience is preferred.
- Three (3) years of physical security experience is desired.
- The ideal candidate will have emergency response experience, demonstrated leadership in a tactical environment and/or corrective action program experience.
- Preferred DOE NTC certifications: (Will have opportunity to obtain while on staff)
- PHY230 Facility Survey Team Leader
- PHY202 Survey of Physical Security Systems
- PHY128DB Introduction to Basic Survey
- PHY100DB Introduction to Physical Protection Systems
- CTA 101DC Introduction to Safeguards and Security
- PHY130 Basic Survey
- SAF-135V, HPI Event Investigation
- Previous WIPP Project experience is a plus.