Financial Planning and Analysis Lead ( 578303-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Corporate and Business Unit Team
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner for all of the CMS groups you support and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, being the FP&A support for all of CMS capital and project expense.
- Assist in the preparation of capital and project expense financial plans, forecast, reporting and analysis for the CMS business clients.
- Develop the capital and project expense Business Plan, Commitment View, Best View, including analysis, distribution and recommendations for management reviews.
- Prepare final monthly analyses of business trends and budget variance of financial results and Key Performance Indicators to be used in management reviews and strategic business analysis sessions.
- Develop the final in depth analysis of the business performance and recommend action plans; including gap closures, considerations for managing cost, growing the revenue and profitability.
- Develop final capital planning models, reports and templates by working hand in hand with the corporate capital finance team.
- Analyze cash based cap ex and incurred based cap ex and be able to forecast and communicate to management effectively.
- Define the need for and the source of data requirements for the planning & forecasting and reporting processes.
- Conduct the development of strategic business analysis with overlays and commentary
- Create final performance reports, including business insights, ad-hoc analysis and recommendations to executive management.
- Proactively identify possible scenarios, risks and opportunities around business performance.
- Create profitability/costing models and oversee/communicate model updates to the management.
- Develop and analyze economic drivers of the business client (e.g. customer churn, renewals).
- Model/assess performance scenarios to analyze risks and opportunities.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on Excel and PowerPoint.
Even better if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or four or more years of work experience.
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- Understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Knowledge of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Experience with the preparation of General Ledgers, Basic Knowledge of FASB requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance
- Communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).