Network Operations and Admin Technician ( R-00063224 )
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Network Administration Help Desk and Operations Technician to support the AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 Virtualized Operator Trainer(s) (VOT) and other AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 Technical Training Equipment (TTE) labs at the Fleet Anti-Submarine Warfare Training Center in San Diego CA. Support includes receipt and processing of user trouble calls, initial troubleshooting, network re-configuration and administration. This position also includes initial responsibility for distance support Fleet Concentration Area VOT sites installed at various US Navy Homeport training sites.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Responsibilities - A Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Network support to ensure system is available for training development and execution
- Help Desk support for remote VOT sites and trouble ticket elevation
- In-person Trouble Call support and trouble ticket elevation
- Assisting Engineering team in implementing updates to both lab hardware and software, ensuring configuration control is maintained.
- Status of network architecture
- Collection and evaluation of system use metadata to enhance current capabilities
- Support engineering team in conducting needs assessments based on systems specifications, and obsolescence
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Experience in network and IT equipment evaluation/test/repair, and technical troubleshooting and corrective maintenance development.
- US Navy DDG/CG Combat Systems experience in ratings: STG, FC, IT, ET; STS, FT also considered
- Basic Linux skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education – Favorable if you have:
- Experience with AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 ACB13 or later or similar APB Operations
- AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 Maintenance Technician experience (Or similar)
- Experience in technical support in a classified lab environment
- Help Desk experience
- A+ and/or Security+ certification
- Must have and be able to maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.