Operations and Global Force Management Analyst (32226)
Amentum has an opportunity for a highly qualified Operations and Global Force Management (GFM) Analyst to provide real-time operational support, research, analysis, and assessments in support of U.S. Indo-Pacific Command (USINDOPACOM). This position is located at Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii.
You would be an excellent candidate for this position if you:
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and mission focused environment
- Have the ability to work across multiple stakeholders to identify the optimal solution for a problem
- Are an operational leader with GFM expertise as well as a broad understanding of joint force operations and requirements
You will be responsible for the planning, staffing, and actionable items in conjunction with the Joint Staff for the Global Force Management Implementation Guidance (GFMIG) and the Global Force Management Allocation Plan (GFMAP). You'll provide analysis on force capabilities to the USINDOPACOM Combatant Commander and the other COCOMs, while staffing mobilization and deployment of joint forces from the USA, USMC, USAF, and USN with the Joint Staff and all the Services. You will coordinate deployment orders for USINDOPACOM to include support for OPLANS, Flexible Deterrent Operations (FDO), and the Theater Campaign Plan (TCP). You'll also provide operational recommendations for Component GFM plans and will lead the effort to enhanced processes and procedures.
In this position, you will perform the following specific tasks:
- Analysis and support for the management of force deployments throughout the INDOPACOM Area of Responsibility.
- Analysis and support for the allocation of INDOPACOM assigned forces' deployments worldwide.
- Briefing senior Flag and General Officers for operational decisions.
- Development and implementation of plans to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Writing Requests for Forces, Operations Orders, Deployment Orders, Task Orders and Executive Order.
- Provide recommendations to staff in resolving operational issues, updates, ideas and problems.
Here at Amentum, we believe in fostering a sense of belonging. We welcome diversity, encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe curiosity is the spark for innovation. We take care of our employees who in turn take care of our customers, driving the success of our business.
- At least 10 years of combined experience supporting the Department of Defense (DoD)
- Experience in operational planning and Global Force Management (GFM)
- Knowledge of USINDOPACOM, Component, and OSD processes, procedures, and requirements in order to integrate stakeholders with INDOPACOM efforts and outcomes
- Proficient at authoring analytical and/or policy documents
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in order to provide information and operations support to USINDOPACOM personnel
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Willing to travel for conference, exercise, and operational participation in Korea, Japan, Washington DC, Norfolk, VA, and other locations as required.
- Due to the nature of the work, must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have an active Top Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain SCI eligibility after your start date
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree from an accredited college or university, or Graduation from a military command and staff college
- At least 3 years of experience in Global Force Management
- At least 2 years of experience working in the USINDOPACOM AOR
- At least 2 years of experience on a military staff office (Service HQ, Combatant Command, OSD, JS)
- Knowledge of USINDOPACOM Headquarters structure and processes
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team