Strategy and Operations Counsel ( 584060-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is seeking an intellectually curious and motivated commercial attorney to be part of the legal team supporting Verizon Business Group, the business unit serving global enterprise companies, small and medium businesses and public sector customers. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Managing Associate General Counsel supporting our Global Customer Operations, Strategy and Business Transformation teams.
- Advise clients on a wide range of commercial and compliance matters, including but not limited to strategic partnerships.
- Work withstakeholders including but not limited to Verizon Strategy, Security, Privacy, Business Development, Information Security, and Internal Audit.
- Counsel business clients on compliance issues that arise in the course of operating a diverse and global business.
- Help evolve the business by identifying and mitigating risk arising from operational transformation and digitization.
- Train and share best compliance practices with the business.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- J.D. degree and six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Bar membership in good standing in at least one state.
- Five or more years’ work experience at a law firm, government agency, or in-house position.
- First chair experience in negotiating commercial agreements and advising clients.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you:
- Ability to independently and confidently resolve complex legal issues, often under challenging deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage a diverse, high-volume docket in a timely manner with high attention to detail.
- Ability to provide quality deliverables, build relationships and effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders (including executives) across the company.
- Interest in learning the business, the competitive landscape, and finding creative solutions to business challenges.
- Knowledge inUS and international privacy laws and litigation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).