Air Tactical Pilot
Amentum is hiring an Air Tactical Pilot.
Staff air tactical platform at assigned Cal Fire bases on assigned duty schedule. Ideal candidate would reside within 45 minutes of assigned Air Attack Base. Act as Pilot in Command (PIC) of assigned Air Tactical aircraft.
- Work in cohesion with assigned Air Tactical Group Supervisors.
- Respond to assigned dispatches accordingly and be airborne within 15 minutes of dispatch notification.
- Act in accordance with assigned Air Attack Base policy and procedure.
- Adhere to all Cal Fire 8300 policy and procedure.
- Adhere to all Amentum General Operation Manual policy and procedure.
- Act in a professional manner, always, in accordance with Amentum standards.
- FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate.
- FAA Airplane Multi-Engine Land Rating.
- FAA Airplane Instrument Rating.
- Current FAA Class II Medical Certificate, plus Electrocardiogram (ECG) Endorsement for Pilots over age 40.
- Recent flight experience:
Meet FAR 61.56 and 61.57 for day, night, and instrument recency, regardless of whether passengers will be carried.
Recent training: Within 60 days of start of duty period, successfully complete a CAL FIRE- approved Pilot Training Program.
Current Interagency Pilot Qualification Card with appropriate endorsement.
- Air Tactical Pilot. All DI Air Tactical Pilots meet the minimum PIC experience (in hours):
- Airplane: 1,800
- Airplane, multi-engine: 800
- Mountain (typical terrain): 200
- Instrument (total): 75
- Instrument (actual): 50
- Night: 100
- Make and model to be flown: OV-10
- One or more of the following:
- Aerial firefighting (PIC or Co-Pilot): 500
- AME (>6,000 lbs.): 100
- AME (>12,500 lbs.): 50
- AME Turbine Powered: 50