Alternate Tow Pilot
Work Where it Matters
Akima Logistics Services (ALS), an Akima company, is not just another federal logistics contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At ALS, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , ALS provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers, ALS delivers aviation logistics and supply chain services to the Department of Defense and federal civilian government.
As an ALS employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
ALS is looking for an Alternate Tow Pilot to work in Colorado Springs, CO. To join our outstanding team of professionals, apply today!
- Performs glider/sailplane towing operations at the U.S. Air Force Academy (KAFF) Airfield. These operations include area tows, pattern tows, wave tows, and high altitude (12,500’) tows on USAF owned and operated gliders.
- Conducts pre-flights, minor preventive maintenance, positioning of aircraft in hangars, assisting in fueling operations when requested and assisting other pilots in rope set up when requested.
- On occasion ALS Tow pilots are deployed to neighboring states to support USAF training and competitions.
- Education: High School Diploma/Equivalent.
- Experience: 3 - 5 Years.
- Have experience with and understand Air Force Flight operations; understand Air Force Instructions (AFI’s).
- You must be able to meet all health requirements, including but not limited to, current and future vaccination requirements for infectious diseases such as COVID-19.
- Must have 500 hours as pilot-in-command with 50 total hours as pilot-in-command of light, tail wheel aircraft, including 10 hours as pilot-in-command, during the past year, of tow aircraft. Tow endorsements (preferably current) noted in logbook per FAA Part 61.
- Current FAA Class II medical, Commercial pilot: airplane, single engine land.
- Must have a Valid Driver's License.
- Must be able to have favorable results from a background screening and drug screening.
M – F with varying shifts from sunrise to sunset. Some Sats and Suns. Must fly at least twice a month and provide at least 15 working days of availability each month excluding PTO.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Transportation, Logistics & Cargo Handlers
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Clearance: Not Applicable
Shift: On Call
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: ALS00512