Photography and Video Manager
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Photography and Video Manager
- The Photography/Video Manager is a creative responsible for creating, managing and conceptualizing the creative outputs for photography and videography in a fast-paced corporate environment. This role sets the visual identity and strategy of BMS (corporate) through photography and video across all platforms and channels.
- The Photography/Video Manager for overseeing the creative work of designers and agency partners. The Photography/Video Manager must be a multidimensional and versed in developing highly engaged content in new and innovative multi-channel formats.
- They are an exceptional multimedia specialist who is also a doer and can maximize the talents of their team. They will cultivate new and emerging photographers as well as freelance photographers. This role will report into the Creative Director.
- In this role, they will be a key member of the Creative Services team, managing the creation and delivering production of video and photography content.
- The core responsibility of the Photography Manager is to determine the best way to represent ideas and produce photography and video concepts and executions across internal and external channels.
- The role requires knowledge of the latest creative trends and technical knowledge of all aspects of photography/videography (equipment to software to final deliverable).
- The Photography/Videp Manager champions diversity, inclusivity, and empathy in every step of the creative process. Since this role is in Corporate Affairs, it will require the ability to manage a high volume and speed of real-time content production.
- Manage a multimedia team on the conceptual creative development from “pitch to delivery” in a fast-paced iterative environment
- Develop relationships across the organization to ensure clear end-to-end communication
- Responsible for shooting photography and videography (including editing) and providing creative oversight in internal and external campaigns
- Provides expertise on camera equipment, lighting, etc
- Oversight and accountability for quality control on photography/video created within the team and work of freelance videographers and photographers
- Responsible for the photojournalistic aesthetic and ensuring assets adhere to corporate brand guidelines and photography guidelines
- Enforces companywide multimedia standards to maintain the design integrity of internal and external marketing materials and communications
- Supports and pursues creative efforts to raise the bar and elevate BMS reputation by staying informed of trends and behaviors
- Streamline and implement processes to ensure smooth workflow on tight timelines across channels
- Sets the artistic direction of photography and video content on the intranet, .com and social media channels.
- Works efficiently and effectively to keep projects on track and meet deadlines necessary to achieve business goals and objectives
- Develop, negotiate, and manage vendor relations and coordinate content production
- Oversees budgets and helps set production schedules for photography and video activities with the Creative Director
- Works with both internal and external agency clients/partners
- Contributes to the development of Corporate Marketing plans and special projects planning
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree; Certifications in Fine Arts, Photography preferred
- Minimum 7 years corporate or agency experience in photography/videography or creative
- Exceptional organizational and outstanding communication skills
- Portfolio demonstrates a body of work encompassing photography and 360 creative campaigns (content and advertising) with knowledge of new media formats, multichannel communications concepts, and best practices
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of cinematography, lighting, camera, lenses and sound equipment
- Ability to work across the organization and collaborate with all teams
- Expert in visual and written language
- Experience in directing photography and video with editing expertise; script writing
- Passionate about brands, ideas, storytelling, and experiential
- Experience with a variety of software and digital platforms
Hybrid work schedule. Must be in commutable to Lawrenceville, NJ.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.