Manager-Leave and Accommodations
Manager-Leave and Accommodations (Job Number: 2304321 )
Penske’s Leave and Accommodation Manager will have overall responsibility for Penske’s leave and job accommodation program design and administration, with a focus on compliance, vendor management, customer service, field relations, communication, management reporting, and process improvement. This position will provide day-to-day leadership of Penske’s Leave Team supervisors who will manage team of specialists providing guidance and expertise around leave of absence, disability accommodations, and quarantines in accordance with applicable laws and local regulations, including FMLA, ADA, and CDC guidance. This position will ensure timely and appropriate handling of leave and job accommodation requests, including resolution of any issues escalated from the team.
This position will also be responsible for redirecting resources based on needs to pandemic and natural disaster conditions. A successful manager will improve business continuity due to building relationships with HR Partners and Operators, mitigate risk to the organization due to compliance with legal regulations and ordinances, and provide the appropriate care and attention to our associates with exceptional customer service.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree along with 3-5 years in an HR role including experience with LOA management and ADA job accommodations. Individuals with prior experience in benefits administration, as an HR generalist or leave of absence program specialist are optimal for this role. Optimal candidates will demonstrate strong communication, organization, and confidentiality to sensitive situations. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Lead and analyze leave and job accommodation program/plans for compliance with laws and regulations; recommend and implement plans for action as needed to increase or maintain compliance
- Provide coaching, training, and performance management to team members ensuring all members have the skills and knowledge needed to be successful
- Provide guidance to team members to resolve escalated/complex leave and job accommodation questions and issues using strong problem solving skills and creative thinking techniques
- Develop communication and education materials; partner with corporate and field HR to deliver training for managers, associates and HR; coach HR and managers on policies, process and laws
- Develop, analyze and prepare executive reports using metrics and data. Evaluate efficacy of process and make suggested improvements based on data
- Partner with internal stakeholders to maximize the level of service provided by the Leave Team; collaborate with HR Directors, HR Managers, Legal, Risk Management, Staffing, and Operators on job accommodations, return to work issues, reassignment/vacant position searches
- Responsible for vendor management to include managing relations and deliverables from vendor, ensuring required service levels are met, issue resolution
- Other Projects as assigned by HR Operations Leadership
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3 – 5 years of experience in an HR position, including experience with leave of absence management and ADA job accommodations
- Prior management or leadership experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of ADA/ADAAA, FMLA, USERRA and similar state and local laws
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent customer service approach
- Knowledge and understanding of HR, Benefits and Payroll processes
- Experience with HRIS required, including collecting, analyzing and reporting data
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Vendor management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Penske Transportation Solutions
Penske Transportation Solutions is the umbrella brand for Penske Truck Leasing, Penske Logistics, Epes Transport Systems, Penske Vehicle Services, and related businesses. Our businesses provide innovative transportation, supply chain and technology solutions to keep the world moving forward. Visit GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Gundy Drive 100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Human Resources
Req ID: 2304321