Retention Pricing and Loyalty Manager
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
In this integral role on the Loyalty & Legacy Pricing team, you will be directly responsible for driving the retention of Verizon's mobile customer base through the identification of churn mitigation opportunities and strategies. You will formulate ideas and carry them through execution and beyond to retrospective, post-promo analysis, and ensuring a positive customer experience. Design targeting and segmentation strategies of the VZW consumer base which will enable the business to deliver messages and offers which are prioritized, personalized, and simultaneously beneficial to the customer and VZW. Execute these strategies by leading peers from other functional work groups, including (but not limited to): Business Intelligence, Marketing Communications, Mar Tech, Performance Management, Finance, Legal, IT, Market Leadership, and Product Marketing. You will be responsible for both driving bottom up data-backed recommendations as well as adapting to top down requirements from executive leadership.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Designing, and executing from concept through implementation, revenue generating activities to maximize yield from the mobile consumer base.
- Developing strategies to proactively mitigate voluntary disconnects.
- Partnering with the AI&D, P&E, and Business Intelligence teams to develop, manage, maintain, and monitor new tools meant to improve audience creation, targeting, and offer development.
- Building presentations to effectively communicate trends, insights, and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Using broad industry perspective to interpret competitive information, draw intelligent conclusions, provide assessments at the strategic and tactical level, formulate promo recommendations on proactive and/or reactive actions and take actions to execute upon approved recommendations.
- Utilizing experience and business knowledge to develop annual marketing promotional roadmaps as well as guide strategy & execution of key marketing programs.
- Deciphering performance across a variety of metrics: i.e. KPIs, LNP, Segmentation, Propensity, etc. to uncover new opportunities for growth and revenue from the Verizon base.
- Facilitating proposal alignment between Finance and Marketing through business case development.
- Partnering with internal and external stakeholders to develop unique promotional campaigns that will differentiate Verizon in the industry while driving growth.
- Managing projects from concept, through execution, and retrospective analysis.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working collaboratively with and presenting ideas and content to a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience working with big data sets and relational databases.
- Experience in marketing and finance-related roles, such as market research, financial analysis, pricing, product marketing, or strategic planning desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, as well as Google Suite alternatives.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have:
- A Master's degree, preferably an MBA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to clearly express complex ideas.
- Experience in the wireless or telecommunications industry.
- Ability to research, analytical, and critical thinking skills with the ability to see things not readily apparent to others and to find unique solutions to complex challenges.
- Ability to think strategically and to "see the big picture".
- Knowledge of the wireless marketplace and experience with promo development.
- Ability to believe that solid data should be behind every important decision and are a numbers person with a strategic mindset, strong business and financial acumen.
- Ability to bring both business perspective and an understanding of the marketplace and not just theory and numbers.
- Understanding and visualizing just the right way to share data and practical insights so that people can understand.
- Ability to create actionable programs based on what you learn from the data.
- Ability to take initiative, work with minimal supervision, and independently manage concurrent projects to timely completion.
- Ability to be strategic and critical thinking.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York work location, the compensation range for this position is between $130,000.00 and $241,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.