Senior Manager- Data Reporting and Analysis
- Determining the best methods of integrating data from several different sources and formats for use in Advanced Data Analysis.
- Acting as a subject matter expert in various BI and data delivery platforms.
- Leading large and complex technical projects by delivering incremental value through Agile sprints.
- Working with the team to ensure data availability and accuracy is maintained at satisfactory levels.
- Assisting other Technical Support/Support team members in selected project activities.
- Acting as a subject matter expert while providing coaching to others. This may (but does not necessarily) include team members and/or direct reports.
- Assisting in the crafting of business cases and success metrics and provide quantification of savings and costs for business partners.
- Leading conversations with various requesters to gather reporting requirements requiring communication with multiple levels of leadership and across many functional departments across Verizon.
- Ensuring data integrity and security across all data requests through validation processes and thorough knowledge of data sharing limitations.
- Serving as delegate for Sr. Manager in meetings with up to VP exposure.
- Learning to work with cutting edge analytical and architecture technologies to help automate and ensure successful delivery of metrics.
- Working closely with other teams inside and outside of finance to understand business requirements and appropriate approaches and determine which projects have a significant ROI to take on.
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- A degree.
- Experience with the SQL Server Infrastructure.
- Experience working with a wide variety of business partners from different business groups and with different levels of technical knowledge.
- Experience leading cross functional Agile projects that show a sustained ROI.
- Certification on data engineering tools and technologies.
- Experience working in a Product based organization.
- Industry knowledge in telecommunications, credit, call center operations, collections.
- Experience with large cluster, databases, BI tools, data quality and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of Query Optimization in indexing.
- Experience as a SQL Server DBA / System Administration.
- Experience with latest server technologies such as Polybase, Temporal tables, In Memory tables, ML Server, etc.
- Experience writing Teradata, PLSQL and TSQL code.
- Experience in one or more of the following platforms: SQL Server, Teradata, or Oracle.
- Experience with ETL tools such as SSIS, Informatica, Alteryx.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Tableau, SSRS, Qlik.
- Experience in data analytics/data mining.
- Experience with scripting, Powershell, Python, R.
- Background in Data Science.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.