Senior Network Infrastructure and Planning Manager
- Building and driving the strategy and roadmaps including business case preparation and ongoing financial analysis.
- Partnering with business partners to outline a product roadmap and maintain product-technology alignment for all aspects of the platform initiative.
- Developing and handling the delivery of the fundamental network services associated with the initiative.
- Updating and maintaining key KPI's and dashboard reporting for working team, executive and senior executive use on an ongoing basis.
- Communicating with executive leadership regarding program status and setting clear direction concerning process, standards, and roles/responsibilities for all project teams.
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location, Ashburn, VA.
What we're looking for...
You're an experienced leader who is adept at negotiating and communicating with leaders and executives at all levels of the organization. Leading large, highly technical teams and encouraging people to perform at their best is personally rewarding. People know you for your ability to analyze issues and solve complex problems with innovative solutions. This helps you to work well with partners from non-technical functions and build strong cross-functional relationships. Thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, you manage competing priorities with ease, and never lose your laser-sharp focus on meeting tight deadlines.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in network engineering and/or operations systems and processes
- Ability to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Six or more years of work experience in IP schema design, operational support and hands-on implementation and configuration of devices such as servers (VM environment), routers, firewalls, load balancers, packet optical network platform equipment, security appliances, and switches.
- Experience in management.
- Experience in managing large cross-functional or enterprise-wide projects.
- Experience in network engineering and/or operations systems and processes.
- Experience in a computer systems data center environment, Network/IT, or Telecom projects.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in network technologies.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines is required. Willingness to respond to trouble calls after hours is a necessity.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.