Bid and Proposal Manager
Eaton’s IS AER MSD division is currently seeking a Bid and Proposal Manager.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $88499.97 - $129799.96 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
The primary focus of the Bid and Proposal Manager, is to plan, schedule, develop, and assemble proposals. The selected person will compile the costs, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications. They will assist in developing and ensuring win strategies and themes are consistent throughout and that the final
• Prepares proposal development schedules, identifies the personnel needed, delegates responsibilities, and is responsible for delivering high-quality proposals on deadline.
• Reviews requests for proposals (RFPs) and develop an internal plan to deliver the proposal, working closely with the sales team.
• Develops proposal plans, outlines and schedules based on solid understanding of the task, plan, past performance and personnel.
• Assembles and ensures all required participants from the functional leads are active in the proposal preparation.
• Plans, directs, and monitors bid schedule and serves as primary internal contact for bid information.
• Responsible for preparation of complex, technical bids and proposals, obtaining approvals, and submittals per schedule.
• Responsible for post bid debrief.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams in Operations, Engineering, Contracts, Finance & Program Management.
• Ability to analyze operational data, pricing, material/labor estimating, bid analysis and financial analysis.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to interpret Request for Proposal/Request for Quote, contracts, schedule development and management, and customer relations.
- Bachelors Degree in from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in pricing, material/labor estimating, bid analysis and financial analyses.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience within an aerospace or defense manufacturing environment.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee or Refugee.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Relocation is not provided – candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the Eaton Orchard Park, NY facility.
- Expert in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint and Visio).
- Skilled in macros, lookup functions, array formulas, pivot tables, and data management.
- Audit and negotiation experience with Government and Commercial Customers.
- Masters in Business Administration, Engineering or Business background is ideal.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems.
- Presentation skills
• Excellent decision-making, planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and understand technical proposals and reports.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, capable of expressing ideas clearly and communicating effectively with employees at all levels in the organization, including the ability to prepare and make technical presentations to small groups.
• Good organizational skills to independently prioritize daily activities to meet proposal objectives.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.