Aviation Sales Manager - Security Detection and Automation ( R-00069620 )
The Security Detection and Automation Group has an opening for a Regional Sales Manager the United States Aviation Security Solutions.
Under limited direction, responsible for the sales of Leidos’ Aviation security solutions, products and services in the United States in order to maximize sales volumes and to develop maximum market share. Achieves booking revenue plan and business goals within the scope of corporate and divisional objectives. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
- Achieves a booking revenue plan and sets appropriate objectives and forecasting accuracy for distributors and representatives to meet desired revenue goals. Forecasting of agents and representatives is reviewed on a monthly basis, at a minimum.
- Establishes a rolling twelve (12) month bookings pipeline that is reviewed and updated on a continual basis.
- Plans a thirty six (36) month sales funnel for the region.
- Qualifies and directs sales activities for sales agents in the assigned region, compliant with corporate/division guidelines.
- Understands and assimilates the latest technologies and market data to create account propositions and competitive solutions for high value opportunities.
- Establishes a communication path between the company and the customer to ensure customer satisfaction. Develops and supports timely resolution to customer issues.
- Responsible for maintaining bookings opportunities and customer contacts in the Company’s customer relationship management (CRM) database.
- Identifies, qualifies, and negotiates channel alliances with domestic organizations (i.e. integrators, manufacturers, service providers) to leverage market coverage.
- Assembles and leads multi-disciplinary teams to recommend new application and product features and strategy for the strategic account or territory.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 12+ years of related business development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Aviation sales experience and domain expertise
- Organize and execute significant BD/sales activities, including building pipelines, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans
- Demonstrated collaboration skills and ability to interact and build relationships with key customer organizations and industry partners
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization
- Proven track record of winning new business and pipeline management across multiple customer organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience in successfully achieving multi-million dollar new business sales quotas.
- Travel as required, up to 50% per month
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline.
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Established relationships and experience winning new business with key domestic (United Airlines, American) customers
- Advanced degree preferred
- Experience in aviation security and Critical Infrastructure market