Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor (37383)
- Manage all aspects of aircraft maintenance and ensure all work is scheduled and performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Supervise maintenance staff, which includes reviewing employee performance, addressing personnel issues, generating assignments, and setting priorities
- Perform scheduled/unscheduled maintenance, servicing, launch and recovery, corrosion control, and inspection, and routine through complex maintenance of aircraft, aircraft sub- systems, and components, as required.
- Review work orders regarding modifications and/or upgrades to various aircraft systems.
- Read and interpret manufacturers’ and company’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Adjust, repair, or replace electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories, as required.
- Provide guidance and instruction to team members concerning technical orders, checklists, and hazardous materials.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment maintenance schedules on all company assets and monitoring parts and supply inventories.
- Ensure availability of materials, anticipating requirements and reordering.
- Offer technical guidance to Engineering staff regarding start-up of new equipment and follow-up of maintenance programs.
- Provide employees with proper training on company equipment as required by OSHA Regulations and monitors annual training requirements.
- May supervise and assist in aircraft/equipment movement.
- May conduct flight line and hangar foreign object damage prevention walks and housekeeping.
- May meet with Customers and Company Senior Leadership as required.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of OSHA and company requirements.
- Knowledge of safe working techniques and procedures.
- Ability to plan and schedule maintenance work requirements and to direct skilled technicians in the daily performance of their duties.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills with an ability to supervise a team.
- Competent in the use of a computer, to include Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license.
- In-depth knowledge of flight line operations, aircraft/vehicle movement, and safety/hazards.
- Advanced knowledge of aircraft common and special tools and test equipment, aircraft technical orders/job guides/publications and schematic diagrams, drawings, charts and technical publications, aircraft engine, landing gear, and flight control systems
Experience & Education
- High School Education or equivalent.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in an aircraft maintenance environment.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces up to three (3) hours per day and sit for up to five (5) hours per day.
- May be required to lift up to 30 lbs. to the height of 4 feet and up to 20 lbs. to a height of 7 feet.
- May be required to carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- On occasion must be able to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp, or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- Must be able to routinely climb / descend stairs.
- As dictated by business necessity.
- Airframe and Power plant (A&P) license preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.