Continuous Improvement Program and Project Senior Analyst ( 589250-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The warehouse Continuous Improvement Program & Project Senior Analyst will work side-by-side with an on-site Verizon operations team and third-party logistics (3PL) provider. Daily focus will be on auditing performance and initiating process improvements that reduce operating expense and/or increase service levels for field network engineers. They will partner with the project manager to ensure effective local implementation of national initiatives.
- Provide guidance and coaching to ensure efficient distribution operations and adherence to policies, procedures, and process excellence.
- Lead conception, scope definition, and execution of various types of strategic and operational warehouse initiatives, ranging from large scale capital projects to everyday process improvements.
- Assist in projects within a 500K+ square foot distribution center that increase service level and/or decrease costs.
- Develop and refine process standardization documents.
- Support the operations team in holding the 3PL accountable to performance expectations.
- Contribute to business cases for proposed improvement projects.
- Present project analysis and reports to leadership.
- Act as a subject matter expert for improvement projects impacting distribution center operations.
This position is worksite based in Alburtis, PA.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Project management experience.
- Data analytics and reporting experience.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule (including mornings and evenings) based on business need as necessary.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or relevant discipline.
- Experience in a high-volume distribution center of 500K+ square feet
- Experience in at least one of: Tableau, JMP, MiniTab, QLIK
- Intermediate to advanced experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Strong organization and attention to detail.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong people skills and willingness to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Experience interacting with a third-party logistics provider
- Supplier management experience
- Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, or other process improvement methodologies
- Design for Six Sigma experience
- PMP certification
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).