Receiving Inspector II
Receiving Inspector II
When lives depend on performance, the world depends on us. We help astronauts launch on the moon, satellites in space, eject pilots in air, protect military and law enforcement, and make products that bring heroes home. At Pacific Scientific (PacSci EMC), we are committed to solving tomorrow’s problems, today.
Now is your chance to make a difference. We are hiring immediately for a full time, Receiving Inspector. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, this role is mission critical.
Why join us?
In addition to the benefits you’d expect (401K, PTO, insurance, etc.) we also offer flexibility, stability and prosperity:
- 70 years of trend setters & trail blazers with new products
- A culture where we all have a role in building a community where everyone belongs. Where you can speak your mind, be yourself, and feel supported. It’s how we achieve more together — for each other, for our customers, and for the world.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Parental leave (mothers, fathers and adoptive parents)
Location: Chandler, AZ
As a Receiving Inspector, you will be inspecting component materials to the tolerances called for in the blueprints; and to confirm that all specifications required by the purchase order have been met. This position requires a close attention to detail and experience with a wide variety of mechanical components. More specifically, in this role, you will:
- Be responsible for adhering to requirements of Pacific Scientific local inspection, identification, traceability and workmanship standards, and defining materials and tooling that do not conform to these requirements.
- Perform dimensional and visual inspections using basic equipment and established procedures with minimum supervision of a higher inspector or supervisor (Use of RIOS and Visual Inspection Plans).
- Interpret basic drawings and instructions.
- Use a variety of precision measuring instruments including an optical comparator
- Be dedicated to the integrity of the quality function and possess a drive to enhance the quality of both the product and processes.
- Be able to adapt to the use of new equipment and learn new product.
- Perform other related duties and be flexible in the factory plant as assigned or business need.
- Generate and perform Verification activities on Non-Conforming Material Reports.
- Perform First Article Inspections as Required.
- Perform Surveillance Audits as required.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of 3 years' related experience