Internal Audit Manager Quality Assurance and Transformation
- Spearheading the development and maintenance of the Internal Audit Quality Assurance Program (QAIP) to ensure audits adhere to the highest standards and deliver quality reports.
- Serving as a subject matter expert, and remaining up-to-date with new IIA standards and industry best practices related to internal audit.
- Conducting QC reviews for Internal audit department engagements, ensuring audits are executed in alignment with the IPPF standards.
- Delivering clear findings and actionable plans to mitigate risks.
- Presenting practical recommendations to audit teams based on QC findings, fostering continuous improvement.
- Leading our transformation initiatives, driving change and innovation in audit methodologies and processes.
- Leveraging your experience with system implementations and system admin duties to optimize our audit processes.
- Evolving the use of our Internal Audit software, enhance departmental internal controls within the tool, and support in improving the department's ability to maximize the tool's capabilities.
- Developing and delivering training sessions to the department on key topics.
- Sharing best practices in line with IIA standards and Audit Methodology.
- Creating and managing Internal Audit dashboards for executive reporting, offering valuable insights to leadership as it pertains to transformation activities, QAIP, and development.
- Contributing to PPG ad-hoc projects and requests that drive innovation and efficiency.
- Managing record retention and assist in policy and procedure maintenance.
- Assisting in audit closure, onboarding/offboarding, and provide timely responses to audit questions.
What we're looking for..
You have outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal. You have strong project management skills, and are able to work with peers and management at all levels. You're a strong critical thinker, and are able to be both detail-oriented and proactive. You enjoy researching, and are able to gather information and provide results.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams and large scale projects.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data within Google Sheets/Excel and create high level executive summaries of data insights.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
Even better if you have:
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience.
- A professional certification, such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, PMP.
- An advanced degree, such as Master's degree or MBA.
- Experience pulling and visualizing data at an executive level using various tools (e.g., SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Looker, Google App Scripts, etc.).
- Experience in conducting QC reviews.
- Strong understanding of risk management methodology and internal control factors.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.