Quality and Continuous Improvement Director ( R-00067654-OTHLOC-PL-2D3385 )
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation (SD&A) is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully-integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
The Quality Director is responsible for Quality, Continuous Improvement (CI), and Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) activities across SD&A sites. The position requires the ability to think innovatively, challenge traditional ways where appropriate, and to both influence and demonstrate accountability for business outcomes in a fast paced environment.
- Establish and maintain a quality culture committed to excellence and Leidos values.
- Manage and develop the quality team, foster an inclusive work environment, and encourage the highest standards of ethics.
- Ensures timely support and flow down of Leidos Mission Assurance goals and objectives.
- Support development, deployment, and maintenance of effective quality and EH&S management systems.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, contractual requirements, corporate policies, and procedures, program plans, specifications, and processes.
- Establish a formal continuous improvement program; supported by leadership at all levels.
- Define and monitor performance against quality objectives and metrics with emphasis on improving product/process reliability.
- Engage in all aspects of design, development, production (internal & contract manufacturer), and field deployment to provide high quality products that meet customer needs.
- Conduct trend analysis at the organization and product/program levels to identify areas for improvement and implement measures to mature the enterprise.
- Ensure timely and sustained resolution of internal and external audit findings, requirement escapes, and customer complaints by conducting root cause analysis and implementing corrective and preventive measures.
- Participate in supplier/subcontractor selection and oversight to ensure the flow down of applicable clauses and requirements and that supplier/subcontractors are meeting contractual requirements.
- Leverage continuous improvement tools to drive harmonization and standardization of business processes and systems across SD&A.
- Prepare written inputs and provide review support for bids and proposals; including actions to assure quality of products and services.
- Operate within budget and according to schedule and business rhythms
- Be proactive and effectively negotiate, influence, and persuade leadership, customers, partners, peers, and projects to develop and execute solutions to complex challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree and ten (10) years of prior relevant experience; or Master’s with eight (8) years of prior relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects across multiple geographic locations.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 45001.
- Experience with contract manufacturing and in-house production.
- Served as Leader or have hands on experience in Continuous Improvement and change management; Black Belt certification is ideal, but not required.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance and maintain other clearances as needed (US Citizenship is required).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain credentials to access government installations.
- Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office products.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.