Aircraft Logs & Records Technician (36198)
Maintains aircraft/engine logbooks and associated records. Incumbent is proficient in performing all operator, data entry, and retrieval functions associated with aircraft record keeping. Technician performs networking functions between individual stations which includes analysis, correction of hardware/software errors, and data entry. Incumbent extracts data, formulates/interprets management reports, creates archives, and saves data in support of deployment and detachment operations. Technician performs a wide range of clerical and administrative duties related to aircraft maintenance, such as preparing reports/correspondence, filing, typing, and performing data base/systems analyses.
- Maintain aircraft and engine logbooks and associated records.
- Perform operator, data entry and retrieval functions associated with aircraft record keeping.
- Perform networking functions between individual stations, including analysis and correction of errors caused by software, hardware or data entry.
- Transmit and receive data via computer storage devices, modem and other electronic means.
- Extract data, formulate and interpret management reports, create archives, backups, and data saves in support of military deployments and detachment operations.
- Perform a wide range of clerical and administrative duties related to aircraft maintenance, such as preparing reports and correspondence, filing and typing, performing database and systems analysis.
- Good working knowledge of Customs Border Protection (CBP) policies, methods, and technical publications.
- Must have a working knowledge of the governing systems, programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines.
- Must be familiar with aviation log sets.
- Data Analysis.
- Utilize customer provided management information system(s) to maintain aircraft forms and records as required.
- Draft and submit aircraft/engine management and Inventory Reporting System reports in a timely manner.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, yearly reports as assigned.
- Process readiness documents, administer the aircraft configuration status accounting program and verify aircraft utilization reports.
- Monitor aircraft configuration status, weight and balance any aircraft inventory data for accuracy.
- Initiate and distribute applicable maintenance action (MAF) forms in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist in preparation of the Monthly Maintenance Plan.
- Monitor, verify and log Support Equipment Custody records, Aviation Armament Equipment, aircraft inventory records and Technical Directives as applicable.
- Provides technical assistance, guidance and instruction as required.
- Maintain cleanliness of the work center as required.
- Present a courteous and professional demeanor when dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Comply with Foreign Object Damage (FOD), Hazardous Waste Program, and Tool Control Programs.
- Comply with all established general and industrial safety rules and regulations as applicable to the contract, facility and job assignment.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Minimum of three (3) years of production/planning data accumulation and reporting, military services is required.
- Must be able to document logbooks and other flight operations documentation in OOMA/NALCOMIS. Shall support all maintenance Administration Division requirements as outlined in CNAFINST 4790.2 (series) and site instructions.
- Knowledge of governing supply systems/programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals or established guidelines.
- Analytical ability to define problems, collect necessary data and establish facts and to take or recommend action based upon applicable established guidelines.
- Must be able to meet physical demands of position and pass/maintain any related medical examination requirements required to perform assigned daily tasks.
- Position: Job descriptions and responsibilities shall change with changes to US Navy Mission and needs.
- Must be able to work with foreign countries/cultures. Work side by side with people of different culture and languages.
- Must be able to work all shifts. Full time employment; but 40 hours is not guaranteed per-week. Working hours; must be able to be flexible, start time and end time will be dependent on flight schedule and or overall tasking.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC) or rapid gate.
- May be required to pass and maintain a U.S. Government background security check.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must have ability to meet physical demand requirements associated with and/or pass and maintain any medical examination requirements related to performing daily routine aircraft maintenance tasks.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Housekeeping of all areas of work including shop; participate in FOD program.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen.
U.S. Navy Aviation Maintenance Administration organizational level maintenance experience preferred.