Supply Technician (Army Aviation) (36412)
The Supply Technician performs limited aspects of technical supply management work (e.g., inventory management, storage management, cataloging, and property utilization) related to depot, local, or other supply activities. Work usually is segregated by commodity area or function, and controlled in terms of difficulty, complexity, or responsibility. Must have 2 years of experience in Government Property Management.
- Enter data into multiple databases, conduct extensive searches for information pertaining to complex and/or unusual supply transactions and patterns.
- Assist hand receipt holders in preparing lost/damaged statements for lost, destroyed or damaged property and discuss problems with hand receipt holders for clarification and settlements of discrepancies.
- Ship parts to and from vendors, to and from Main Operating Bases.
- Update databases, retrieve data and use data to respond to a variety of customers.
- Execute procedures for receipt, storage, issue and document control of accountable supplies and equipment.
- Participate in inventories.
- Investigate and reconcile discrepancies and reports.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
High school degree or equivalent.
Three (3) or more years’ hands-on material coordinator, material expediter, or supply technician experience.
Two (2) more years of Government Property Management Experience.
Must be in possession of a U.S. Passport and be able to travel internationally.
Passport should be valid for a minimum of 3 years at the time of hiring.
Must be a US citizen
Must be able to obtain a Kuwait Visa.
Ability to obtain/maintain Security Clearance (Public Trust NAC-I)
Knowledge & Skills
- In depth knowledge of company supply systems operation, terminology, procedures, and typical automated supply systems operation.
- In depth knowledge of Government Property Management.
- Working knowledge of the governing supply systems, programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines.
- Possess an understanding of the needs of the organization serviced.
- Possess analytical ability to define or recognize the dimension of the problems involved, to collect the necessary data to establish the facts, and take or recommend action based upon application or interpretation of established guidelines.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance if required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- May work in aircraft maintenance hangar or warehouse.
- May require lifting of objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50lbs.
- May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail and are exposed to fumes or airborne particles and electrical shock hazards.
- May be required to work in protective equipment that increases heat stress and limits mobility.
- Work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in weather (temperature, wind, rain, etc.).
- Must be able to travel to and between remote locations in austere and/or hostile environments.
- May require travel to and between remote location(s) in austere environments.