Performance Assurance and Compliance Specialist (38555)
Nuclear Waste Partnership, an LLC of Amentum, managing and operating contractor of the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as a Performance Assurance and Compliance Specialist to join our Operations team located in Carlsbad, NM.
The role of the Performance Assurance and Compliance Lead is to manage and direct the Operations performance assurance program. The successful candidate will monitor, evaluate and approve surveillances, design features, in service inspections and specific administrative controls to ensure compliance and support daily operations. Process and maintain timely orders as Timely Order Administrator. Oversee and implement process improvements for timely order affected groups. Maintain Control Document Locations and interface with Document Services Issue and maintain required reading assignments for Facility Operations and Underground Facility Operations. Assist Contractor Assurance in monitoring and implementing corrective actions. Assist Facility Operations with compliance of items tracked and performed monthly and annually. Interface with internal and external auditors and lead document request submittals. Interface with Emergency Management to ensure contact information is available for Facility Operations during events and abnormal conditions. Assist with key performance indicator development, analysis and corrective actions based on tracking and trending. Provide lead support for cost accounts for all groups within the Operations Department. Maintain knowledge of and demonstrate ability to perform work safely in accordance with approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner. Actively participate in Safety Zone Committee.
NWP Exempt Salary Grade (31 – 34)
- Master’s Degree with three (3) years of related experience, or
- Bachelor’s Degree with five (5) years of related experience, or
- Associate’s Degree with nine (9) years of related experience, or
- High School Diploma with thirteen (13) years related experience is required.
- Must be able to work in a field environment.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are mandatory.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage routine work assignments and deliver quality products in a timely manner.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be US Citizens.
- Experience coordinating, coaching and interfacing with all-levels of management to drive process execution and quality is desired.
- Previous WIPP Project experience is a plus.