USCG NMC Safety and Suitability Clerk
Work Where it Matters
RiverTech, an Akima company, is not just another federal professional solutions contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At RiverTech, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders, RiverTech provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers, RiverTech provides innovative solutions to complex engineering and operational challenges and delivers wide-ranging services for mission support, systems engineering, and IT.
As a RiverTech employee, you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
The NMC Safety and Suitability Clerk (SSC) position will be located at the United States Coast Guard (USCG) National Maritime Center (NMC), Safety and Suitability Evaluations Branch (SSEB) located in Martinsburg, WV.
The NMC is the implementation body of the Mariner Credentialing Program (MCP) and receives and processes all applications for U.S. Merchant Mariner Credentials (MMC’s). The program mission has a significant national and economic impact affecting $5.4 trillion in annual maritime activity.
The NMC SSC will be responsible for providing clerical support and administration services to ensure efficient office operations for the SSEB, including, but not limited to the following:
- Mail letters via encrypted/password protected email, as well as via physical mail.
- Assist NMC and Regional Exam Center (REC) employees with reviewing, editing and resolving discrepancies received via the SSEB Active File.
- Ensuring office supplies are stocked and working with staff to compile and order needed supplies monthly.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Teams.
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Pro.
- Ability to use multiple complex databases including proprietary programs specific to the Mariner Credentialing Program. This includes but is not limited to, verifying information, uploading letters and other documentation, locating and moving electronic applications to the appropriate individuals as well as moving and exporting screening cases.
- Strong ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED.
- Must possess minimum 2 years of demonstrated business/office experience.
- Able to obtain and maintain Public Trust clearance.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Possess excellent computer skills to include proficiency in MS Office Suite Products including Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
- A working knowledge of Adobe Professional
- Must have experience using office equipment, like printers and fax machine.
- Experience in reviewing applications/forms for accuracy and completeness, as well as identifying and resolving any deficiencies found therein.
- Public Trust clearance preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Office & Administrative Support
Organization: RiverTech, LLC
Clearance: Able to Obtain Public Trust
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: RIV03073