Airspace / Aviation Analyst ( R-00077034 )
The NISC IV program at Leidos is seeking an Airspace/Aviation Analyst to work in the Federal Aviation Administration Western Service Center in Des Moines, WA.
The candidate will provide support to various Air traffic Control Towers, Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACON), Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC) and FAA Air Traffic Organization headquarters and Regional Offices in airspace development and management.
Routine Duties Will Include:
Using skills obtained as a Certified Professional Controller (CPC) the candidate will evaluate, process, and make recommendations for Class B / C / D / E Airspace modifications and/or changes. This analysis will include:
- Operational analysis of current National Airspace System (NAS) uses and Instrument Flight Procedures.
- FAA Facility input and recommendations.
- Safety Risk Management considerations.
- Coordinating Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for the Federal Register when required.
Other duties may include:
- Provide coordination and Subject Matter Expertise between Air Traffic Control facilities for Letters of Agreement (LOAs) and Letters to Airmen (LTAs).
- Review requests for charting, airspace development and management, and flight procedures development.
- Review requests for special events affecting the NAS, traffic management support, and Special Use Airspace (SUA).
- Review and analyze daily flight and NAS operations.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for procedural waiver reviews and Document Change Proposals (DCP).
- Provide coordination between Air Traffic Control facilities and Department of Defense (DOD) for Global Positioning System (GPS) Interference Testing requests.
Position requires approximately 10% travel.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in Des Moines, WA (once temporary Pandemic related remote work is over or when asked to return to the office).
- Previous designation as a Certified Professional Controller (CPC).
- Ability to obtain and/or Maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 plus OR Masters and 2 plus years of relevant experience OR Documented Air Traffic Control experience will be considered for determining qualification OR Additional years of relevant experience maybe considered/accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience in a staff environment preparing written documents, memos and briefs.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.