Inventory and Investment Recovery Analyst (100223)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Inventory Management and Investment Recovery Analyst collaborates with Supply Chain Management and Business Partners to develop and implement inventory planning policies that optimize the Company's return on investment and service expectations. This position supports the Company efforts to drive optimized inventory levels across the network. This position collaborates with Supply Chain Management and Business Partners to develop and implement asset recovery policies and procedures that optimize the Company’s return on investment of items identified for disposition.Key Accountabilities
- Achieve established return on investment goals through effective management of inventory policies, forecast technology and cross functional planning with buyers, business partners and suppliers.
- Gather and analyze inventory projections and planning parameters, summarizing data for distribution across Business Partners and Supply Chain Management as part of the collaborative planning process with suppliers.
- Continuously measure and analyze key performance metrics to achieve Company objectives aimed at return on invested capital and service level targets. Recommend and implement continuous improvement opportunity based on analysis.
- Execute and design inventory strategies utilizing Total Cost of Ownership models to derive optimal value of assets.
- Collaborates with Business Partners on effective management of critical spare inventory to ensure the asset recovery program policies and procedures are maintained across the company, and end of life assets are disposed in an efficient, cost effective and environmentally safe manner.
- Explores beyond traditional business practices to dispose assets, identifies potential markets, and builds strong relationships with various disposition channels.
- Knowledge of asset lifecycle management practices Knowledge of industry trends related to materials and inventory management
- SAP knowledge
- Microsoft Office products. advanced Excel skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills with varying levels of seniority
- Strong customer focus
- Individual Contributor
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related disciplines or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 4 years total work experience
- Minimum 2 years in supply chain, procurement, or inventory management
Up to 40%Competencies Champions safetyCustomer obsessedCultivates innovationNimble learningDrives ResultsCollaborates
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.