Payroll System and Solutions Analyst ( R-00060193 )
Leidos has an immediate opening for a Payroll Systems and Solutions Analyst to join our Corporate HR Organization. In this role, you will work with a team of professionals focused on special projects functions, vendor integration management, coordinating ongoing system enhancements & configuration; seeks ways to implement system efficiencies & provides ongoing support for process improvementsPrimary Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Payroll teams to document system enhancements and upgrades that includes subject matter expertise, coordinating schedules, define test strategy and implementation timeline, and project manage to completion.
- Work with project teams to develop test strategy and implementation timeline, promote into Production, monitor through Warranty period to ensure desired results are achieved.
- Responsible for providing data analysis to drive process improvements, review system configurations and evaluate system functionality, making recommendations for enhanced solutions.
- Participate in the investigation of vendor related issues and communicate to vendor the associated corrective action, ensuring timely solution and escalation as required. Provide guidance to the vendor on Leidos payroll policies, procedures.
- Create and present complex ad-hoc data analyses and reports to proactively identify errors, deficiencies, areas of risk/non-compliance.
- Partner with the Payroll Operations team to implement any process improvement or corrective measures identified.
- Guide the design, maintenance, and management of the functional aspects of payroll data interfaces.
- Perform complex analysis of payroll issues that may impact a single employee or groups of employees to determine root cause and implement sustainable system solutions in Ultipro.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal teams, business partners & key stakeholders.
- Provide technical advice and training to help develop requisite skills of the payroll staff.
- Perform data mining and analysis from multiple sources using complex statistical methodologies and techniques. Also, develop and design advance predictive models for senior management review.
- Serve as a back-up to the Sr. International Payroll Specialist for monthly payroll processing for international locations across the Middle East & Asia on an ad-hoc basis
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of payroll experience; OR High school diploma/GED and 8+ years of payroll experience is required.
- Working knowledge of end-to-end payroll processing cycle from time entry to general ledger file creation.
- Proficiency with data analytics to monitor work performance information.
- Proficiency with vendor management and payroll systems (such as UKG Ultipro) or related systems experience.
- Working knowledge of GUI for payroll systems such as ADP or Ultipro.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- FPC or CPP certification.
- Experience with Deltek T&E for time recording & Costpoint ledger system a plus.
- Experience with processing payrolls outside of the US a plus.
Preferred Professional Skills:
- Ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines.
- Enjoys collaborating with people in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Organized individual.
- Strict Attention to detail.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with both functional & technical personnel.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness; ability to identify, analyze & assess problems for resolution
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders.