Airspace / Aviation Analyst ( R-00061975 )
The NISC IV program at Leidos is seeking an Airspace / Aviation Analyst to work in the Federal Aviation Administration Western Service Center in Des Moines, WA.
The candidate will provide support to the FAA Western Service Area (WSA) by performing technical and analytical support and review of flight track data. This will include providing hands-on assistance using airspace reporting and visualization applications, as well as preparing presentations for FAA leadership such as printouts, reports, and graphics.
Routine Duties Will Include:
- Provide technical and analytical support to analyze complex airspace issues.
- Obtain customized data sets and develop detailed presentation materials related to specific airspace and flight track studies.
- Coordinate and communicate with stakeholders to determine project scope, project schedule, and prioritize multiple projects and milestones.
- Analyze flight track data and create operational scenarios.
Other duties may include:
- Evaluate and analyze aviation noise impacts resulting from proposed changes to the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Provide data driven analysis and statistical reports to in response to aviation noise inquiries.
Position requires approximately 10% travel.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in Des Moines, WA (once temporary Pandemic related remote work is over or when asked to return to the office).
- Substantial knowledge of aviation operations and/or airspace management.
- Experience in a staff environment preparing written documents, memos and briefs.
- Must participate in rotating requirement for 24 hour "call-in" duty to respond to aviation events as needed.
- BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience maybe considered/accepted in lieu of degree.
- Ability to obtain and/or Maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Knowledge of Performance Data Analysis and Reporting System (PDARS) programs/applications; and Terminal Area Route Generation and Traffic Simulator (TARGETS) software.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.External Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:$1000Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:NoneTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Project AnalysisPay Range: