Submarine ASW Trainer and Testing Analyst ( R-00066023 )
Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Submarine ASW Trainer and Testing Analyst, supporting multiple US Navy programs located in Bethesda, MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. This position requires US citizenship and a DoD Secret security clearance.
You will develop and evaluate training programs for the submarine community of the US Navy utilizing Leidos’ SMMTT, COAET, SET, or other trainers. You will be a training subject matter expert and be responsible for supporting the development, testing, and delivery of acoustic training systems for Advanced Processor Build (APB) deliveries to the US Navy's A-RCI program. Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Participate in systems engineering activities for high fidelity, supercomputing based, acoustic trainers. These activities include one or more of the following: Learning Objective and Course Content Creation; Concept of Operations Formulation; Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering; System Architecting; System Analysis and Design; Interface and Data Architectures Definition; System Integration and Test; Validation and Verification; System Installation; System and Operational Performance Analysis; Lifecycle Cost Analysis and Estimation; and Decision Analysis and Resolution.
• Evaluate and test trainer capabilities
• Interact with internal developers as well as external tactical development team members, US Navy schoolhouse personnel, and military and civilian DoD customers to ensure that trainer requirements are captured and designed into the trainers
• Participate in the installation of training systems
• Train the trainers responsible for operating the training systems
Travel is required to test sites and Navy schoolhouses, and will account for about 25% of the job.
Required Education and Experience:
• B.S./B.A. with an ASW-related officer tour, or high school diploma with 12+ years of work experience obtained through prior military experience.
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
• Must have specific subject matter expertise in ARCI or AN/BQQ-10 Sonar system operations.
• Must be comfortable working directly with software developers and conducting software testing.
• Must be able to utilize Microsoft Windows and Office products in support of day to day tasking.
• Military experience in Undersea Warfare as a submarine fast attack or guided missile submarine acoustic operator (STS), or junior officer
• Acoustic Intelligence experience
• Software testing experience
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with Atlassian Products