Senior Financial Analyst - Consumer Content and Partnerships ( 584235-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Consumer Content and Partnerships Team is responsible for connecting consumers with the content and experiences they love on the nation’s best network.
We oversee partnerships, source opportunities and negotiate with a broad range of content and programming entities, including major broadcast and cable companies, sports leagues, emerging O&O platforms, OTT/digital providers, studios, AR/VR producers, retailers, gaming developers, and live entertainment venues and production companies.
Content serves as a key driver in consumer decision making, and the role that content plays for our current and future customers is increasingly critical. As the largest direct-to-consumer platform in the U.S., we have a massive opportunity to herald in the next consumer use cases for video, audio, immersive and live experiences. Our team sits at the center of that opportunity.
Come join the exciting, fast paced Content and Partnerships team at Verizon. You'll be working on Verizon's FiOS video partnerships assisting the team with negotiation and financial analysis for our largest media deals.
Our team is seeking an experienced self-starter who can work cross-functionally across business groups and drive execution to support Verizon’s strategic and financial goals in the content distribution space. The candidate will report to the Sr Manager, FP&A.
- Create valuation analyses and business cases (financial models and business cases, scenario and sensitivity testing, etc.) to support content initiatives and negotiations.
- Oversee audit & settlement research in support of deal negotiations and partner audit claims.
- Drive decision making in partnership with business leaders to ideate, analyze, refine, and conclude deals, partnerships, and agreements.
- Prepare talking points, deal financial summaries, presentations, and deal models to Directors, VPs, and Executive Leadership to determine how to advance content deals by understanding stakeholder goals and KPIs.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience creating business cases. Ability to build clear forecasting models from scratch utilizing multiple flexible inputs.
- Knowledge financial models and interpret contract terms that impact payment and rates (e.g. minimum penetration, package construct, etc.)
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or Economics.
- Management consulting or investment banking experience.
- Proficient at storytelling and ability to articulate a narrative with data in an easy-to-understand manner.
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).