Senior Analytics and Insights Analyst (1418)
We are the world’s learning company with more than 21,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
We value diversity, equity and inclusion. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We seek to infuse diversity and inclusion in everything we do while promoting a culture where differences are embraced as strengths; opportunities are equal and accessible; consideration and respect are the norm; and all team members are supported in reaching their full potential.
Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce please click here The Power of Diff
The Sr. Analyst of Enrollment Planning & Financial Analysis will lead Pearson's Virtual Schools K-12 division enrollment planning function and partner with other teams to drive and deliver integrated and metric-driven enrollment plans across varying levels and dimensions in the business. This person will also drive the development of an Enrollment Planning Roadmap which will be critical to the success of the long-term growth strategy for the group. The role will assist in leading weekly business reviews to ensure alignment across functions to ensure transparency of operational plans and key assumptions; pacing to plans; drivers of performance as well as emerging risk and opportunity assessment.
Additionally, the Sr. Analyst of Enrollment Planning and Financial Analysis will be responsible for analyzing plan performance and identifying drivers of acquisition and retention trends and funnel conversion patterns in partnership with Family Marketing, Analytics, Family Support and Finance. The role will require continual collaboration with leadership as well as internal and external departments to gain a mastery of the business; facilitate shared learning and ensure business implications of insights are understood and actioned.
- Lead the development and review of annual enrollment plans across channels and schools by working closely with Marketing, Family Support and Finance to align on key assumptions and impact of comp or non-comp activities.
- Be a critical input to the analytical agenda in support of enrollment performance with a focus on the projection of trends; improvements in measurement; identification of key drivers across acquisition and retention; and risk and opportunity assessment.
- Lead the weekly cross-functional business reviews to ensure teams understand pacing to plan; the drivers of variances to plan and presents recommendations to mitigate risks or capitalize on emerging opportunities.
- Manage and evolve the OBL enrollment projection model to improve forecast accuracy and sensitivities to short term trends.
- Partner with analytics to improve and evolve operational reporting needs.
- Partner with finance to ensure alignment of financial risks/opportunities and school staffing models.
- Actively participate in three year strategy exercises to ensure underlying assumptions are accurate and inherent risks are elevated.
- Develop and manage the K12 virtual schools documents used to catalog changes to business execution.
- Work closely with the sales team to develop new school projections.
- Support the business with school specific projections for charter renewals, board updaes, etc.
- Manage and develop enrollment analysts.
- 6+ years in demand forecasting (preferably customer forecasting) in education, CPG, retail, or e-commerce organizations
- 2+ years’ experience managing people and leading a team of leaders.
- Ability to understand and apply advanced mathematics
- A degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Proven experience with bringing structured thinking in ambiguous problems spaces and delivering solutions.
- R or Python mastery
- SQL expertise
- Extensive experience working with forecasting models and systems
- Experience building complex analytical models
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- An ability to flawlessly multi-task and thrive under pressure and deadlines
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $85K. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Organization: North America Connections
Req ID: 1418