Network and Computer Systems Administrator ( R-00055021 )
Leidos Defense Group Modeling Simulation & Training Division has several openings for Network and Computer Systems Administrators (all levels) on a new program in Huntsville, Al. This position will support a new program award in support of the US Army providing full life cycle M&S and Live / Virtual / Constructive Training engineering development and sustainment.
- Install, configure, and support an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system
- Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability
- Manage the routing/switching for an enterprise cross domain service, and related lab environment
- Manage the firewalls for an enterprise cross domain service, and related lab environment
- Manage the load balancers for an enterprise cross domain service, and related lab environment
- Act as the primary interface for the cross domain unit with other government network groups. This includes coordinating routing and firewall rules outside our network domain.
- Monitor the systems for possible system problems, analyze the problem for resolution paths, implement solutions, and or work with vendors to resolve issues
- Respond and resolve incident tickets within priority response times
- May monitor and test Web site performance to ensure Web sites operate correctly and without interruption
- May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software.
- May supervise computer user support specialists and computer network support specialists.
- May administer network security measures
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 - 10+ years of relevant experience, Master’s degree, or a PhD. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Active Secret level clearance
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories and concepts
- A solid technical knowledge and experience in engineering, configuring, and managing Cisco based switches, routers and Juniper firewalls in a WAN, LAN, or WLAN data center solution.
- Knowledge or experience in engineering, configuring, or managing failover configurations of network components and load balancing components (F5 Network GTM, LTM, Big IP)
- Current hands on network administration skills and network management experience.
- Strong network troubleshooting skills to support implantation and modification of Linux and Windows servers and applications servers supporting customer services
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate new capabilities. The ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team at times to solve a variety of network solutions and technology implemenations
- Must be a self-starter and can work independently with minimum direction.
- Must be able to coordinate with contractor management and Government personnel to identify and resolve issues with clearly defined solutions that satisfy Government and customer requirements.
- Ability to lead and manage a small network team and follow change management process including creating required change management documentation.
- Technical writing & documentation skills/drawings (MS Visio, Word, Excel)
- Security+, CISSP Certifications
- Experience with integration of network devices and services in remote datacenters and enterprise networks
- Experience in designing, improving, and documenting network architecture and configuration for future growth/hardware
- Knowledge or experience configuring application gateways
- Knowledge of advanced networking and security disciplines to support insertion of newer technologies e.g. network virtualization
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: virtualized environments including virtual switching, DNS, LDAP, Active Directory, log archive.
- Use of standard project management techniques to include AGILE and standard project management methodologies