Accounting and Internal Controls Solution Consultant (28426)
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of client financial control issues and gaps
- Design and implement technical solutions to improve financial management activities
- Assist with accounting and financial reporting operations
- Advise our clients on technical accounting and internal controls matter
- Lead and support tasks and portions of the project scope on engagements related but not limited to Operations & Maintenance, Helpdesk Operations, Software and Application Development and Maintenance, Financial Operations, and Project and Acquisition Management
- Demonstrate a foundational understanding of the client environment and overall project scope
- Independently perform tasks with some guidance to execute a portion of the project scope
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our team provides resources to help clients manage their core accounting and financial reporting functions, as well as solutions to help them achieve their controls and finance transformation aspirations. Our professionals keep up with emerging regulatory guidance along with industry and business trends to assist financial organizations. We develop solutions to data complexities tohelp our clients achieve optimal finance transformation and meet their digital controllership goals and objectives.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• BA/BS in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field
• Knowledge of IT Controls, Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 and/or OMB Circular A-123 documentation, or Financial Improvement Audit Readiness (FIAR), testing and reporting requirements
• Federal financial reporting, treasury or analytics experience
• Travel up to 15%
• ERP experience focused on General Ledger, Chart of Accounts, Reporting, Commitment Control, Cash Management and Treasury. Ideally in Momentum, SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle Cloud Financials or Workday
• 2+ years of Federal Consulting experience in any of the following areas: business process improvement, financial management policies and procedures, financial system integrations, etc.
• CPA or CISA certification
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.