Sr. Consultant-Accounting and Internal Controls-Controllership Accounting & Reporting (18079)
- Identifying and applying relevant specialized accounting, regulatory standards, cost accounting concepts, financial close and consolidation/financial reporting, financial operationsand applications across multiple industries
- Generating innovative ideas to challenge the status quo, including exploring new digital technologies
- Designing accounting data models and rules engines to deliver higher quality and more accessible financial information
- Applying a deep understanding of Tier 1 Digital Core technologies (e.g., SAP and/or Oracle) to solve business issues in an efficient and effective manner
- Identifying client issues and managing day-to-day relationships
- Participating in engagement planning and budgeting; defining the work product structure and content; managing engagement economics, engagement risk and engagement timeline
- Contributing to the proposal development process
- Engaging in recruiting and retention activities
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services
The team provides clients with an extensive range of accounting and reporting services designed to help enhance the value finance delivers to its overall business. We work with organizations to help them reduce risk and improve internal and external reporting capabilities to meet accounting and regulatory requirements, and/or enhance strategic decision making. Our deep experience also extends to governance in complex operating models and support for major business events and transactions, including capital markets transactions, derivatives and hedging advisory services.
Learn more about Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory's Digital Controllership practice
- 3-5 years of technical or advisory-related experience in entity and enterprise accounting, carve-out, and/or technical accounting, financial planning and analysis and cost accounting.
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and use of Digital Core technologies (e.g., SAP and/or Oracle) to solve business issues
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, Risk Management, Economics or related field.
- Project experience in components of full lifecycle implementations from requirements through deployment with a common ERP package or boundary platform (SAP, Blackline, Trintech, etc.) OR experience as an administrator of a common ERP package
- Project experience in requirements gathering / definition development and business process mapping
- Configuration experience in one or more of the following SAP solutions: FI, CO, COPA, PaPM, PPM, CPM, or GRC
- CPA, CIA, CFA, CA, CCA, CMA, CAIA or FRM certification, or working towards achieving one of these certifications.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS, and SEC rules and regulations
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Up to 80% travel (typically Monday " Thursday)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Master's degree in Business, Systems or Accounting
- Configuration and implementation of finance/ accounting software applications
- Project experience in areas such as process mapping, root cause/gap analysis/best fit, requirements gathering / definition development, financial modeling and value mapping
- Project workstream experience within a functional area (e.g. Record to Report, Order to Cash)