The US M&A and Restructuring (M&A/R) Offering Portfolio enables our client's ability to grow, shrink, and fundamentally change the nature of their business and competitive position in a dynamic market full of change and disruption. By providing M&A and restructuring services from beginning to end, we bring a large scope of capabilities to the market and opportunity for our practice and firm. The US M&A/R Offering Portfolio works with Industry teams to identify trends that could lead to M&A or restructuring and enables us to sell front-end strategic work creating pull through for transformative services.
Work you'll do
Senior Consultants in Deloitte's M&A/R offering portfolio serve as trusted advisors to corporate and private equity clients. They synthesize overall strategy by analyzing a wide variety of solutions, selecting the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements such as business case, pricing, or complex financial analysis, and interpreting and reporting on outputs. Senior Consultants will participate in setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope. Senior Consultants will also design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results. Role could include working with USI/Global Teams outside of regular business hours, such as early mornings or later evenings.
M&A IT advises, implements, and delivers transformative solutions to clients to optimize their IT activities due to a pending/completed transaction, restructuring and strategic cost transformation event. This team helps clients refocus their IT capabilities and identify their optimal Transaction and Transformation strategies. As the Next-Gen provider of M&A services, M&A IT uses Delivery Innovation, Cloud and Flexible Compute Services to enhance every aspect of IT within the M&A landscape. The team also provides subject matter knowledge across critical components of IT (e.g. infrastructure, applications, IT operations, IT finances and expenses, Active Directory, end-user computing, messaging, enterprise architecture, testing). Our practitioners perform business process analysis, mapping, and design for M&A projects focused on an IT work stream including IT infrastructure separation, data center migration, application integration/separation/rationalization, or IT synergies/cost reduction.
- M&A or M&A Service Delivery Experience.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 4+ years consulting and/or industry experience; alternatively an MBA with 2+ years relevant work experience is acceptable.
- Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Ability to work independently; lead small teams focused on specific work streams of larger projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- An advanced degree.